Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Academic Resource Center - limit 125 seats - network licence

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nbouchard
842 Views, 3 Replies

Academic Resource Center - limit 125 seats - network licence

Hi. We used to have a network licence for 1200 computers (Education Master Suite). With the new Academic Resource Center, we are limited to 125 seats so we got 10 licences (10 serial numbers). I usally use deployment packages that have the serial number embedded in them. Wow do you suggest I manage now? Do I need to make 10 different distribution packages and keep track of how many I install? Or can I put the same serial number everywhere and let the license serveur manage the distribution of the licences? Thanks a lot for your help with this new system.

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nbouchard

That is not necessary.  The deployment does not take into consideration the serial number when the application is launched.  So long as you use a valid serial number and point to the NLM, you will get an available license. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
nbouchard
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks a lot: thats good news! It will make it much easier.

But I guess I still have to generate a licence file for each one of the serial numbers (via https://registeronce.autodesk.com), and add these to my license file on the nlm?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nbouchard

That's correct.  So long as you do them all on the same date, then they will properly combine to the correct grand total of licenses that you own.  Otherwise, only the newest file will supersede the older ones. 

For the best method to properly combine your license files, please read my entire thread here and choose the method that best fits your needs:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Combining-License-Files-for-Subscription-and-No...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report