Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD2012 Hangs during startup - Win7 x64

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
EwenCafe6975
5501 Views, 9 Replies

ACAD2012 Hangs during startup - Win7 x64

Hi,

I've had AutoCAD 2012 installed for some time now but lately I've noticed a significant slow-down in general performance in the program and late yesterday it would not start at all.

I get no error message, the program gets as far as the splash screen and shows that its loading plugins and acmgd.dll and simply hangs in that state.

I have tried a simplt repair install, complete uninstall and clean install as per the instructions on this site, and still have the same problem.

The other issue I noticed during the uninstall process is that Design Review would not uninstall  the an error message "C++2005 SP1 required"  and yet it is already on the system.

Finally last night after doing the re-install and finding the same issue, I left the computer on and the program in it's state to see if would open with time.  6 Hours later there was no change.

Any ideas??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: EwenCafe6975

I checked your account and you have access to Silver Subscription.  Can you log a case with us?

www.autodesk.com/subscriptionlogin

David Lau
Message 3 of 10
nobody_83
in reply to: EwenCafe6975

Hi,

did you get your Problem solved?

I am having the same Issue with a Trial install on my x64 System. It seems that Autocad refuses to run because of a different Software Package, as it used to run fine for the first 3 Days, but after I installed all my Programs ~20, it refused to start. Repair and New Installation didn't help

Message 4 of 10
suetov
in reply to: david.lau

David, just to add some info - have got same problem.

I've got several AutoCADs installed on my computer (Win7 x64) - to test application on different versions. All R18 Acads refused to start this Monday. I haven't been working with Acad tasks for a while, so unfortunately I cannot give any idea what has changed since last successfull lauch - possibly it could have been last updates from Microsoft - there was a bundle last week.

Tried runnig ACAD 2010, ACAD 2011 and ACAD 2012 - same effect: splash screen appears, Loading plug-ins message is printed, trying to load acmgd.dll - and Acads die forever.

ACAD 2009 and ACAD 2007 keep working.

Error logs are clear - apparently there's no error (exception), the code seems just to hang or cycle forever (1 of CPU cores is occupied by ACAD.exe for 100% percent).

Tried reinstalling ACAD 2012 - no effect. Had to fix "Internal Error 2738" message though...

I have quite a lot of software installed (MS Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010) - maybe this could have some effect...

I also tried installing ACAD 2012 on another Win7 x64 computer - it works! The computer also has received the updates last week. The computer also has MSVC 2008 and MSVC 2010 installed.

Hope that Autodesk guys would give some fix... It's very inconvenient to develop on notebook 🙂

Regards, Andrey Suetov

Message 5 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: suetov

Please check out this solution as well the the referenced solution to this one:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS14908069

David Lau
Message 6 of 10
suetov

Thanks, but have already seen and tried that - does not help... Would not like to be an evil prophet, but seems that I will have to reinstall OS...

Message 7 of 10
david.lau
in reply to: suetov
Message 8 of 10
suetov

This is not my case - ACAD does not crash - just hangs up.

But I tried this as well - and this also does not help.

Message 9 of 10
s.gholap

Dear Autodesk Family,

Our many user are facing this attached error.

While opening any autocad drawing file, its stuck at the point “At_start_doevents” as shown below in the screesnshot.

Its not going further.Due to this user not able to open any drawing further.

I got 1 solution for this on our autodesk forum, in task manager , there is 2 separate AutoCAD process, runs at AutoCAD startup called as “WSCommCntr1.exe”  and “WSCommCntr2.exe”, it slows/stop down the AutoCAD startup.

Then I have to manaually close these 2 process from Task manager>Process> “WSCommCntr1.exe”  and “WSCommCntr2.exe”.

Then the pending drawing get open automatically.

This error comes randomly on any PC where the Autocad Standalone and Network license are installed.

Can we do any thing to close this background process permanently so that the drawing will not stuck again and again?

Note: I already set infocentreOn=0 under registry on few PC then also the same problem arise.

Reference:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/2012-hangs-on-startup/td-p/3166162

Thanks and Regards ,
Swapnil M. Gholap
Application Engineer
s.gholap@frames-group.com

Frames Process & Energy Systems India Pvt.Ltd.
www.frames-group.com
Message 10 of 10
s.gholap

Dear Autodesk Team,

Our many user are facing this attached error.

While opening any autocad drawing file, its stuck at the point “At_start_doevents” as shown below in the screesnshot.

Its not going further.Due to this user not able to open any drawing further.

I got 1 solution for this on our autodesk forum, in task manager , there is 2 separate AutoCAD process, runs at AutoCAD startup called as “WSCommCntr1.exe”  and “WSCommCntr2.exe”, it slows/stop down the AutoCAD startup.

Then I have to manaually close these 2 process from Task manager>Process> “WSCommCntr1.exe”  and “WSCommCntr2.exe”.

Then the pending drawing get open automatically.

This error comes randomly on any PC where the Autocad Standalone and Network license are installed.

Can we do any thing to close this background process permanently so that the drawing will not stuck again and again?

Note: I already set infocentreOn=0 under registry on few PC then also the same problem arise.

Reference:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010-2011-2012-DWG/2012-hangs-on-startup/td-p/3166162

Thanks and Regards ,
Swapnil M. Gholap
Application Engineer
s.gholap@frames-group.com

Frames Process & Energy Systems India Pvt.Ltd.
www.frames-group.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report