Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT 2012 Keeps Trying to Install

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sandman77
214 Views, 4 Replies

ACAD LT 2012 Keeps Trying to Install

Installed AutoCAD LT 2012, from disk, onto a new laptop with Windows 7 (64 bit).  (It was previously loaded on a laptop with Windows XP Professional - 32 bit.)  No problems occurred, Serial No. & Product Key were accepted, etc.

When I tried to lauch it (acadlt.exe), it goes through the installation sequence all over again.  But when I enter Serial No. & Product Key, it accepts the Serial No. but not the Product Key.

Tried transferring the license prior to installation, but no luck.  Also tried installing using installer downloaded from Autodesk.  Same results.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: sandman77

Are you logged into Win7 as full admin?
Did you remember to turn off your Windows firewall and anti-virus before installation?
Are you having any other weird issues in Win7?
Message 3 of 5
sandman77
in reply to: pendean

Yes, logged in as full admin.

Didn't have the anti-virus & Windows firewall off, though.  Paused both, but still no luck.

No other issues.

For grins, downloaded LT 2015 and installed it, just to see if the same thing happens.  That worked perfectly.

Going to try replacing the .pit file from the old laptop onto the new laptop next.

Also going to ask the boss if I can just buy LT 2015 and be done with it.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

I believe if you buy LT2015 before the 25th of this month you get a one year subscription for free (which means you get LT2016 this time next year for free too). You can then continue with the subscription for a very low amount of money to boot if you desire.
Message 5 of 5
dembkod

sandman77

Hello. Sounds like a corrupt install. If you need to get 2012 installed, you can try the following

Uninstall the program.

Uninstall the Visual C++ entries on the system

Uninstall NET

Run the MSfixit tool and try to uninstall again:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

Update your graphics card driver

Reinstall and test.

This will likely get rid of any install corruption on the machine.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report