Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad 2015 Crashes when at license verification phase

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
k_lal00
5421 Views, 26 Replies

Acad 2015 Crashes when at license verification phase

I have downloaded and installed Acad 2015 today. When I try to run the program, it locks up/crashes at the "license verification" phase of the start up.

I have tried a couple times and have rebooted the computer, neither help. This is not a network license.

I see in the Acad LT forum similar issues. Does anyone have a fix for this in the full Acad version?

Thank you

KW

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: k_lal00

Hi KW,

Are you getting any error message? It may be a corrupt trusted storage file Try this

First enable view of hidden files if you have not already(http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/show-hidden-files). Navigate to the below directory

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Windows 8/Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet 

Find files with a name similar to this: adskflex_00691b00_tsf the important thing is that they begin with the adskflex. Delete those files. Please note once you do this all Autodesk standalone licenses will need to be reactivated.

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 27
k_lal00
in reply to: asburyj

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have found the files you indicated. The individual, whose email address the new activation code will be sent to, is currently out of town.  When he returns on Friday, I will delete the files as you have recommended and attempt to reactivate.

Thanks again

KW

Message 4 of 27
wcbryan

I am having a very similar problem, and have had a difficult time finding any resolution.

I have three brand new Windows 7 64 bit machines that I have loaded AutoCad LT 2015 from the DVD on. Each of them on the initial run will start to open and then get to the Product Licensing Activation window, pause for a second and then crash (Autodesk component has stopped working.) The crash details note the application name as LMU.exe, Fault Module ieframe.dll, Version 11.0.9600.17280

I have tried deleting the adskflex files in the FLEXnet. The result of this was that the activation screen went from reflecting the number of days left to activate to simply saying that Activation was required.

I have repaired the AutoCad application from the Add/Remove Program.

I have tried the Reset Settings to Default utility. This procedes through the reset, then opens the Product Activation Window and it crashes in a similar fashion to the AutoCad application itself.

Noting that the crash dump cited ieframe.dll as the Fault Module, I installed the Firefox browser and made it the default browser. The Activation Window still crashed.

Any timely assistance would be greatly appreciated as I cannot place these three new computers into service until I get this problem resolved.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Bill Bryan

Message 5 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: wcbryan

Hi Bill, 

Please give the below solutions a try.

•         Navigate to START > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  •         In the left panel, choose "View installed updates".
  •         Search for "KB2962872".
  •         If it is present, unistall it.
  •         Repeat process to uninstall "KB2976627" and "KB2977629".

If the software still crashes at launch you may need to also uninstall internet explorer 11 and reboot the systems. After the activation completes you should be able to re-install the updates. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 27
wcbryan

Thank you for your very timely response.

I did not have the first update. I removed the second and third. AutoCad then successfully progressed through the activation process.

The copy on the first machine is now up and running.

Thank you again for your timely and helpful response.

Bill

Message 7 of 27
k_lal00
in reply to: wcbryan

Hello again,

Would removing those updates possibly work for me as well. I really do not want to wait until Friday, if at all possible.

My original attempts to open the program did not provide any error messages (which I forgot to mention). I tried to open the program one more time before beginning to type this reply and did get one:

"WSCommCntr4.exe - Application Error    The exception unknown software exception )0xc0000417) occurred in the application at location 0xf655d4f9.  Click on OK to terminate the program"

It may be worth noting the Autocad start up screen is still visible on my desktop because I have not had a chance to reboot the computer, to make it go away. I am not sure if that would be why my last attempt to open the program would now provide an error code.

Thank you

KW

Message 8 of 27
asburyj

If your faulting module is ieframe.dll like the user above has then that solution might apply to you as well. If you check your event viewer for the corisponding error does it tell you want the faulting dll that is crashing the program is?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 9 of 27
k_lal00

It gives me a bunch, probably more than you want to see, but it looks like the dll you were asking about, is a problem, I think?

Faulting application name: LMU.exe, version: 9.0.23.0, time stamp: 0x528defa5
Faulting module name: ieframe.dll, version: 11.0.9600.17280, time stamp: 0x53f26cbd
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000146890
Faulting process id: 0xc80
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfd762cdee5830
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Adlm\R9\LMU.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll
Report Id: 10e1620d-4356-11e4-89f9-001d7dd65f14

It also gave me:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LMU.exe
P2: 9.0.23.0
P3: 528defa5
P4: ieframe.dll
P5: 11.0.9600.17280
P6: 53f26cbd
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000146890
P9:
P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Beth\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_LMU.exe_382d9347d1c1d6b333b3b5b9e36bdde756a52b7b_16a792fa

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 10e1620d-4356-11e4-89f9-001d7dd65f14
Report Status: 0

Message 10 of 27
asburyj

Yah looks like the same thing "Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll". Go ahead and try the same solution of removing those microsoft updates as directed above

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 27
k_lal00

I tried; it failed.  I uninstalled the 2 updates it found, rebooted the computer and tried to open 2015 again. It went through the same process: opened, went through start-up, got to the activation page and closed down. The screen was stuck on the acad opening screen.  I have to reboot the computer to make that go away.

If you have any other suggestions, other than the original one, I am open to suggestions.  Otherwise, I will have to wait until Friday.

thanks

KW

Message 12 of 27
asburyj

Yes you will want to delete the .tsf as I origionally suggested. Also, if internet explorer 11 is installed you may want to uninstall that as I mentioned in the second solution 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 13 of 27
kweikal

Maybe a bad thing to do, but I took a step back.  My IT guy was in and said he could see the error in the logs and recommended uninstalling and re-installing. I did that. Now it runs past the activation page, but tells me my SN is not valid.   Jeez!   I had to use that SN to get the download in the first place.  I have a valid contract. Who do I talk to now... to try and get this resolved.

Thank you

Message 14 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: kweikal

You will probably want to give registration and activation a call.  1-866 681 4359 , after selecting the language press 2 for registration and activation

Jeffry Asbury
Message 15 of 27
kweikal

Thank you!   It works.  All done here.

Message 16 of 27
mcooper1234
in reply to: kweikal

Hi,

I have the same problem listed here.  I tried both fixes and neither worked for me.  Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Message 17 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: mcooper1234

Hi Mcooper,

Can you try this solutions next?

On the workstation, check the Internet Explorer connection settings.

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools > Options.
    • Access the "Connections" Tab.
    • Click "Lan Settings."
    • The settings should look like this with NO boxed checked:
  Local Area Network settings
  • Click "Ok"and try launching/activating again

Jeffry Asbury
Message 18 of 27
mcooper1234

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately it still crashed.

Message 19 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: mcooper1234

what type of license does your software use? 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 20 of 27
mcooper1234

Trial

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report