Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
qabodan
907 Views, 3 Replies

ACAD 2011 INSTALLATION

I INSTALLED ACAD2011 AND IT WAS WORKING FINE BUT SUDDENLY WHEN I OPEN IT TRIES TO RECONFIGURE ITSELF AND FAILS SAYING THAT REGISTRY KEYS ARE MISSING OR CORRUPTED AND ASK ME TO REINSTALL FROM CONTROL PANEL /PROGRAMS AND FEATURES (I'M USING WIN 7 32BIT), WHEN I DO SO I GET THE MESSAGE THAT MAINTENANCE FAILED, I TRIED TO INSTALL FROM THE ORIGINAL CD BUT IT SHOWS THAT IT IS ALREADY INSTALLED. I TRIED TO UNINSTALL FROM THE CONTROL PANEL BUT ALSO "MAINTENANCE FAILED" DUE TO FATAL ERROR. HOW CAN I MAKE IT WORK OR HOW TO UNINSTALL IT AND THEN REINSTALL FROM THE CD?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
wengle
in reply to: qabodan

Go to microsoft site and get free Windows Installer Cleanup tool. Be very, very careful using this tool to remove autocad if you still can't uninstall autocad via control panel. Once this tool is used, there is no going back. Also, after using this tool to uninstall autocad, make sure there isn't anything left in the autodesk/2011 folder. Reboot, turn off antivirus and re-install.

I had to use this tool once, so don't be too concerned, BUT, try to remove first via control panel. Afterward and after rebooting, check control panel to make sure 2011 isn't listed.

Message 3 of 4
wengle
in reply to: qabodan

I forgot to mention that you may have to edit the registry before rebooting to remove ALL instances of autocad and/or 2011. Before doing this, however, it's always a good idea to export the registry as a precaution.

Message 4 of 4
Yuri_Zhukovsky
in reply to: wengle

"Windows Installer Cleanup" tool was retired from Microsoft site. But from here http://majorgeeks.com/ it possible to download

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report