Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Activate code for previous version.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
artidth
506 Views, 4 Replies

about Activate code for previous version.

Assume

I have ADSK product version 2012 serial : xxx-xxxxx1 standalone 1 seat.

then this product had been upgrade to ADSK product version 2013 and merged with other serial to be serial : xxx-xxxxx2 and standalone 23 seats.

1. Could I activate product 2012 by serial : xxx-xxxxx1?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: artidth

Hi artidth,

With this scenario, I am making an assumption as well that this License is on Active Subscription, thus Previous Version can be provided.

To answer your question, no xxx-xxxxx1 can no longer be activated as it has been Upgraded and merged with another Serial Number. To activate and use 2012 version, then the Serial Number would need to be generated from the 2013 version that is currently registered. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 5
artidth
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thank you very much, Joane.

for clearly answer, this case is happen with our customer and unfortunately their subscription is non active.

anyway, as your answer.

1. They can use S/N : xxx-xxxxx2 for installation and activate?

2. No need to split and downgrade?

Message 4 of 5
camilo.lemos
in reply to: artidth

Hi artidth,

Your answers:

1 - They can use the xxx-xxxxxxx2 serial number to activate the 2013 version (2012 is no longer an option as it's been upgraded and they don't have an active subscription contract to request a Previous Version license)

2 - Same answer as above.. A downgrade (to 2012) is no longer possible due to the reasons mentioned above.

If your customers wish to use 2012 they would have to renew their subscription contract and request a previous version license.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5
artidth
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Thank you very much, Camilo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report