Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jchacon
7623 Views, 3 Replies

a valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager error

After loading and installating Autocad 2013 and the license manager I am not able to open Autocad....

When opening Autocad I get error, cannot find license server. Select server (system name) and I get error cannot locate server. Disable the firewall, try again and now it says it completed but when attempting to open I get error, "A valid license cannot be optain from the network license manager"
Error [-15.570.0]

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: jchacon

-15 is almost always IPv6 or Firewall.  In some instances, it is where the adskflex.exe cannot run on Server 2008 R2.  If your NLM is running and showing available licenses, then it's most likely a connectivity issue.

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
sysop-ca

We have Windows 7 computers running AutoDesk Design Academy 2013.  I got that same error [-15.570.0], and I *KNOW* everything was set up correctly on the NLM (Network License Manager) because I've worked with AutoDesk Products several times before.

Long story short, the problem was that some other App (pretty sure it was Adobe CS 5.5) installed a Service named "FLEXnet Licensing Service", which was conflicting with AutoDesk's Licensing.

Went into Control Panel --> Administrative Tools --> Services, and Disabled "FLEXnet Licensing Service" (on both the NLM Computer and the Workstations), then rebooted...   Fixed the problem!!

Here's three other things to check (I would try these first before messing with Services):

1.  Make sure your workstations can PING the NLM Computer.

2.  Turn off any Software Firewalls (including Windows Firewall) on both the Workstations and the NLM computer.

3.  Turn off any "security" software -- Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, etc.

If you get Licensing working, start turning these back on one at time until you find the one that was causing the problem.

Message 4 of 4
rioballini

I fixed it by adding lmgrd.exe file to approved programs on NLM firewall. That's it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report