Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [0.0.0]

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
bmcsoftware
28752 Views, 26 Replies

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager. [0.0.0]

Hi there,

I am recieving the following error when opening Inventor 2011: 

-----

Licensing Error

A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager.

If you are still unable to access a license, contact your systems adminisitation.

Error [0.0.0]

-----

Below is the Log for ADLM when the application loads (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\AdLM\INVPRO2011ENUAdLM.log)

-----

4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 Reason=Fatal error
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 ComputerName=VBCWXPSEQ03
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 OS=5.1.2600.Service Pack 3
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 File=AdlmIntNWFBLicense.cpp,Line=684
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 VendorID=3 [FLEXLM-NW]
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 VendorError=-18 [Server does not support this feature]
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 FLEXLM-NW=v11.7.0.1 build 79971 i86_n3
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 Reason=Fatal error
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 ComputerName=VBCWXPSEQ03
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 OS=5.1.2600.Service Pack 3
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 File=AdlmIntNWFBLicense.cpp,Line=667
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:25 AdlmIntError=20 [License check out failed]
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 Reason=Fatal error
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 ComputerName=VBCWXPSEQ03
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 OS=5.1.2600.Service Pack 3
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 File=AdlmIntNWFBLicense.cpp,Line=684
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 VendorID=3 [FLEXLM-NW]
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 VendorError=-18 [Server does not support this feature]
4088 2010/07/02 14:33:26 FLEXLM-NW=v11.7.0.1 build 79971 i86_n3

-----

Other details:

I created a deployment using the supplied tool for the installation.

Our client's use Windows XP Professional with SP3 and meet all the required software and hardware requirements.

I have updated LMTOOLS to version 11.7 and the license file has been updated.

The time on all of our clients is correct and synced with the license server (I seen this in another post as a fix).

I have re-downloading the Inventor 2011 installation files and tried recreating the deployment with less components.

I have tried performing a manual install and also installing the deployment on several different machines.

All required ports are open.

Other deployments work fine and the software is running from 1 license server (Inventor 2010, Inventor 2009. AutoCAD 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007. Revit 2011, 2010. MAYA 2010. SOFTIMAGE 2010. 3DSTUDIO MAX 2010. VIZ 2008. and a few others).

Please help,

Regards,

Wayne

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: bmcsoftware

Rename the CascadeInfo.cas file located at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm.  Then try again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 27
bmcsoftware
in reply to: TravisNave

Sorry didn't mention that in the first post. Tried that already. It had no effect.

Message 4 of 27
TravisNave

VendorError=-18 [Server does not support this feature]

-18 generally indicates that there is a problem with the vendor or license file for your product.  I've seen this when upgrading from 32-bit NLM to 64-bit NLM and there being a mismatch between the adskflex.exe.  It could also be that your license manager is misconfigured on your multiple services since you are clearly running more than just one product.  You might stop the other licenses and just test this one to make sure you can narrow down the problem.  Then work from there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 27
huliang2008

please make sure you have configured LMTOOLS correctly and the right Inventor flavor license has been configured(such as you cannot launch AIP if there is only AIS license on server). you can check the status via "Server Status" tab in LMTOOLS and view the log file in "Config Service" tab.

Kevin Hu
SQA Eng
ACRD MFG
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 27
cclincu

Hi

I've got the sane problem with NavisWorks 2011.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks for any help.

Message 7 of 27
bmcsoftware

Thanks for the reply's guys.

No solution yet sorry.

I'm going to re-install everything today including the license server in a virtual test environment.

I plan on testing x86 and x64 versions of the deployments before contacting my supplier.

Message 8 of 27
hitchin

Wayne have you sorted this problem out yet as we are suffering fromn the same error message? Many Thanks

Message 9 of 27
bmcsoftware

Inventor 2010 is now working for me. 

The problem turned out to be an incorrect license.

I emailed the Autodesk Authorization Center. They asked me to confirm my version of the software and recreated me a license file.

Thanks,

Wayne

Message 10 of 27
TravisNave

Yep, that's pretty much what I figured based on the -18 as listed above.  There are a lot of different symptoms that cause this issue. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 27
scott.mccoy
in reply to: cclincu

Evenin' Travis -

Did you ever get the solution?  I have the same problem, but haven't found the answer.  So far removing the cascade.cas file has not been a solution.

Thanks.

Scott

Message 12 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: scott.mccoy

Other causes of the 0.0.0 besides the corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file are:

1.  You don't have the right license file or the NLM is not functing properly  - Check that your NLM is running and that your licenses are available.  Check the debug.log for any errors on the server

2.  The date and time are not in sync between the client and the server.  Please make sure everything matches, including daylight savings time.

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 27
anothertsc

I have an archaic version of both Inventor and Mech Desktop I purchased in 2002. Now using Windows 7 and having recently decided to retire from the workforce where I last used Inv/Autocad 2013, I have no need for bells/whistles that can't be done by the older version of R6.

My suite came w 2 discs. Mech Desktop prompt asked for an authorization code that I typed in. I was successful in opening and using Mech Desktop.

Loading Inventor first, though, DID NOT prompt for an authorization code. I called locally and in turned was transferred to the 800-551-1490 authorization department and was told my version is at a current level and I have authorization to use this.

HOWEVER, altho I can open Mech Desktop which I never used and disliked years ago, I CAN NOT open Inventor for the immediate prompt is: License could not be obtained. Please contact your Dealer.

Under properties I can prompt that Inv open from anything from Windows 95 to Windows 7. I reset it to be compatable with 2000. That should not affect the opening prompt to consult the dealer.

I have no desire to purchase new software when even this older version could work fine for home projects. yet I have not found one person yet to assist with suggesting what to do for my correcting my load on problem. I can not see buying additional software either.

Is there a solution? What can I do to bypass teh License could not be obtained message?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: anothertsc

Your version of Inventor is not supported on Windows 7. You might be able to download XP Mode for Windows 7 from Microsoft still. If so, that might be your best bet. The old licensing system simply is problematic on the new OS.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 27
abooth
in reply to: scott.mccoy

We just ran into this problem (We had older versions of Revit pulling a license fine, but 2015 would not.) and Kyle Davis of CTC told me to try this, and it worked:

On the license server, open LMTools.

on the "Service/License File" tab, check the box at the bottom that says "LMTOOLS ignores license file path environment variables".

Message 16 of 27
TravisNave
in reply to: abooth

I can vouch that you are correct.  I had a customer last week with this issue.  It was caused by there being more than one license manager installed and LMTOOLS was pulling from the other one.  Additionally, 0.0.0 for 2015 is typically caused by the license manager needing to be upgraded to 11.12 first.

Thanks!

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 27
sepls

NLM configure successfully

1. on server Autocad successfully run show on LM tool license run successfully 
  2. But client side run autocad software show error 
  3. NLM error.png
Thank you,

Best Regards,
Rakesh Salunke
SoftTech Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Sr. Support Associate
Message 18 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: sepls

@sepls

Please review this article.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 19 of 27
sepls
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

already try to this solution but not work

Thank you,

Best Regards,
Rakesh Salunke
SoftTech Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
Sr. Support Associate
Message 20 of 27
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: sepls

@sepls

Can you ping the license server from a command prompt?

Has this every worked?

Can you provide the debug log file as specified in the config service tab of your license manager.  Although it contains names of servers/users, the information within would not impact your organization security/infrastructure.   You can also private message me and I will tell you how to share the information with me.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report