Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A security failure has occured when trying to run Moldflow 2012

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
kim_puckett
6498 Views, 14 Replies

A security failure has occured when trying to run Moldflow 2012

Security Failure

I can't run Autodesk Moldflow.I keep getting this error I've tried for weeks.

I started out installing Network License Manager on the server following the online youtube tutorial

I registered the serial and configured the host name and mac address on their website.

I created the license folder and copied the .lic file to the Network License Manager Program Files folder and configured all the options

I installed the Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2012 on a workstation following the online guide and selecting the server.

It errored when I tried to run it. I tweaked some settings trying to get it to work but kept getting the same error.

When that didn't work I uninstalled the Nework Licensce Manager from the server and uninstalled Moldflow from the workstation I installed the Network License Manager on the workstation and reregistered the serial online with the new hostname and mac address.I copied the new key I got from the websited to the workstation and configured the license manager.Then I installed moldflow on the workstation entering its own hostname when prompted.

but I still get the same error.

Thanks for any help

Seth Foreman IT Support

I'm posting on behalf of the Engineering Instructor.

Please email me at

seth_foreman@darke.k12.oh.us

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
TravisNave
in reply to: kim_puckett

Did you configure your license manager with the LIC file and confirm that it is working and showing your available license?  If so and if the NLM is on the same workstation as your application, then it is likely a IPv6 connectivity error. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 15
kim_puckett

I followed the IPV6 fix tutorial but I get the same error.

I attached the LMTOOLS logs

License server status: @tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local     License file(s) on tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local: C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\MFAA2012enlicense.lic:

lmgrd is not running: License server machine is down or not responding.  See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or  make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE). Hostname:      tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local License path:  @tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local; FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7.  System Error: 11001 "Comm. error" For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation, available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

13:02:13 (lmgrd) ----------------------------------------------- 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   Please Note: 13:02:13 (lmgrd) 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   This log is intended for debug purposes only. 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   In order to capture accurate license 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   usage data into an organized repository, 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   please enable report logging. Use Flexera Software, Inc.'s 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   software license administration  solution, 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   FLEXnet Manager, to  readily gain visibility 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   into license usage data and to create 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   insightful reports on critical information like 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   license availability and usage. FLEXnet Manager 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   can be fully automated to run these reports on 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   schedule and can be used to track license 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   servers and usage across a heterogeneous 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   network of servers including Windows NT, Linux 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   and UNIX. Contact Flexera Software, Inc. at 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   www.flexerasoftware.com for more details on how to 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   obtain an evaluation copy of FLEXnet Manager 13:02:13 (lmgrd)   for your enterprise. 13:02:13 (lmgrd) 13:02:13 (lmgrd) ----------------------------------------------- 13:02:13 (lmgrd) 13:02:13 (lmgrd) 13:02:13 (lmgrd) pid 1548 13:02:13 (lmgrd) "tvdelopt12H106": Not a valid server hostname, exiting. 13:02:13 (lmgrd) Valid license server system hosts are: "tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local" 13:02:13 (lmgrd) Using license file "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Network License Manager\License\MFAA2012enlicense.lic"

Message 4 of 15
TravisNave

The LMGRD is failing to start because your LIC file is not matching what LMTOOLS expects.  Changes are either your LIC has a FQDN as the hostname or your system settings tab of LMTOOLS has the domain name box checked.  You do not need a FQDN to make your NLM work.  Check your LIC file.  If the hostname is tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local in the .LIC, then check the domain name box in LMTOOLS system settings tab.  If not, uncheck the box.  You need these two names to match before the NLM will start successfully. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 15
kim_puckett
in reply to: TravisNave

I modified the hostname in the license file rebooted and it worked

tvdelop12h106.tvlsd.local

tvdelop12h106

Now I have to figure out how to run it on a limited account

but at least it runs

Thanks

Message 6 of 15
polman.babel

Dear Travis,

I have the same problem running moldflow 2012 but my license is running fine. i can check the flexlm and it is ok. do you know how to resolve this issue?

below is status enquiry in flexlm:

--------
Status
--------
Flexible License Manager status on Tue 1/24/2012 18:22

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 27000@CADCAM2
    License file(s) on CADCAM2: C:\Apps\Autodesk Network License Manager\License.lic:

CADCAM2: license server UP (MASTER) v11.9

Vendor daemon status (on CADCAM2):

adskflex: UP v11.9
Feature usage info:

Users of 85823MFIA_2012_0F:  (Total of 15 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

and this is diagnostic:

--------
FLEXnet diagnostics on Tue 1/24/2012 18:23

-----------------------------------------------------
License file: C:\Apps\Autodesk Network License Manager\License.lic
"85823MFIA_2012_0F" v1.000, vendor: adskflex
  License server: CADCAM2
  floating license  starts: 1-jan-1990,  no expiration date

This license can be checked out

Anyone can help me to resolve this issue???

thanks for any help.

cheers,

Rudy

Message 7 of 15
DarrenP
in reply to: polman.babel

what issue?

you didn't post any error messages

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
TravisNave

Rudy,

What error are you getting?  And is your license manager on the same machine as your Moldflow?  Can you PING your server and get an IPv4 address?  If you get an IPv6 address, then see my IPv6 fix. If you get no PING, check connectivity and DNS. 

Also, make sure access to your ports are open.  From your client, connect to the license manager with Internet Explorer (not a 3rd party) via these links:

http://cadcam2:27000

http://cadcam2:2080

Both links should come up with the following jargon if successful:

Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60Wê-60

If you get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error, then you need to open ports 27000 and 2080 in the firewall. 

Let me know what errors you are getting. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 15
polman.babel

I did not get any error but only this 

Security Failure

even i install AMI on the server, i had the same thing. I ping the ip and hostname is working ipV4. I did follow to disable the ipv6 by download and install microsoft fix ipv6 disable.

As you can see from my previous posted on the inquiry and the diagnose of flexlm, it does work properly.

i am running out of solution here and i am hoping that you can help me out.

Cheers,

Rudy

Message 10 of 15
TravisNave

Did the links I provide work?  Also, is your NLM server in the same building? 

Did you try system environment variables like ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE and FLEXLM_TIMEOUT?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 15

I installed Network License Manager and Autodesk Moldflow Adviser 2012 (student version) in my laptop computer following the Autodesk Moldflow Adviser Installation Guide that I downloaded it from the Autodesk web site.

I cannot run Autodesk Moldflow 2012 during the running it show SECURITY FAILURE window.

I created the license folder and copied the .lic file to the Network License Manager Program Files folder.

How can I resolve this issue? Please help me

Thanks for any help

PhD student

Samad Taghizadeh

My email: samad.taghizadeh@gmail.com

Message 12 of 15
kevink1234

I am courious did this happen on the demo as well as on the licensed version?

thanks

Kevin

Kevin In Nebraska
Message 13 of 15

I am experiencing the same "security failure" message.  I think the issue is that I had the Autodesk Moldflow license on a previous machine that is not operational now.  I called 1 800 551 1490 to get a new license for my current machine; they sent me an email with a new license file, but it isn't clear to me what I should with it. 

I followed this troubleshooting guide: http://download.autodesk.com/us/moldflow/troubleshooting/mps_troubleshooting.html

Under Adding A New License, it explains how to add the license file, but when I get to step 1e where it explains to stop and then restart the server, there isn't a server for me to click on.

Anyone have any idea how I can add the new license file?  Keep in mind that I'm fairly novice at this.  Any step-by-step procedures would be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, tech support for Autodesk seems to be difficult to come by.

Thanks.

-Jeff

Message 14 of 15

For a Quick-Start Guide on configuring the Autodesk License Manager, please see my post for further information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Quick-Start-Guide-for-Configuring-LMTOOLS/m-p/3...

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 15

Thanks, Travis.  I have further questions.  I'll private message you with the specifics.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report