Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
car773764
1027 Views, 1 Reply

64 bit vs, 32 bit

what is the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit.  I am not familiar with these terms.?  I am not sure which one to download?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: car773764

It has to do with your operating system version.  If your Windows is 64-bit, then you need 64-bit Autodesk products and vice-versa for 32-bit.  You can find out by the system properties of your Windows.  You can get there many ways.  Right-click My Computer and go to Properties, or click System from Control Panel, or hold the Windows keyboard key down and hit the Pause/Break key at the same time.  In any case, on the general tab, it should tell you your version of Windows. 

Also, if you have a Program Files (x86) fiolder on your C:\ drive, you have 64-bit Windows.  You cannot install 32-bit on 64-bit or vice-versa, so be sure you get the correct version before installing.  If you get the error that this program will not install on your version of Windows, then you have the incorrect version. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report