Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

54 hours and still waiting for my 3dsmax 2015 license!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
etiennejabbour2650
794 Views, 6 Replies

54 hours and still waiting for my 3dsmax 2015 license!

Hi

Please can someone offer some kind of help or advice. I am a long time user of 3dsmax, and was recently offered a great freelance gig that I will hopefully be working on from home. I decided the obvious solution to my software needs (as I normally work from my office where I have a network license of max) was to get a rolling monthly subscription.

I have gone through the payment process and already have max2015 installed (I use 2012 at work so had a trial of 2015 from a few months back) - but after being informed that I should have a serial number within 12 hours (24 hours maximum), I have been waiting for 54 hours!

I get no helpfull reply from the email sales support (just what looks like a standard bot mail) - and if I cant give my client an idea of when I can start I will loose the contract.

This is a terrible situation, I cant believe Autodesk will not even reply and give me a breakdown of the issue so I can plan around it (I have mailed and asked for exactly that 4 times).

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

First, stupid question time: have you checked your junk email filter?  Activation emails frequently get tagged as spam.

Second, did you purchase from a reseller or direct?  If the former, you should have a direct contact who can help with such things.  Either way, there should be a Subscription login for filing support requests like this (activation, product support, etc.).

If the above fails, then its possible your request was mis-filed (it happens to all of us from time to time).  One of the support team should be along shortly.  In the meantime, if your forum email is different than the one you provided for purchase/registration they could have problems tracking you in the system, so have relevant information at hand (but not posted publicly - wait for a request to send it via PM).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I payed direct through the website, I've had the confirmation email, was sent the download link, and have had a bot like reply to my emails stating they are sorry for the inconvenience then re-stating that the serial number should be through within 24 hours of registration/payment (even though that was 48 hours after - so I'm guessing it's not a human mailing me back).

My mail is the same one I am registered with, same account details etc... and yeah, I've been checking my spam every half hour along with my inbox...

I understand things go wrong sometimes, that I can excuse, but I'm finding it hard to excuse the lack of information as to what is going on. Being able to tell my client 'there's a delay but I can start on x day' could in itself make the difference between keeping this contract or loosing it.

Thanks again for the reply though.

Message 4 of 7

All good now, it just came through and works! 

Message 5 of 7

Hi @etiennejabbour2650,

Sincerely apologies for the delay in receiving your serial number. In fact there was an issue with your order that caused the lapse, but I have raised your case to our customer service team who is addressing the issue as we speak. A representative will email you shortly.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, and again I apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jessica

Thanks, that has come through and I'm now rolling!

I understand issues come up, my complaint was just regarding not recieving any info to help me plan around the situation. I realise now that I should have come to the forums.

Anyway, all good now, and thanks again for responding so promptly, you may well have saved me a pretty valuable contract!

Regards

Etienne

Message 7 of 7

Hi @etiennejabbour2650,

I'm more than happy that I was able to assist! And your compliant is more than understandable and although we are glad to resolve the problem here, we definitely want to continue to improve our customer experience and your feedback greatly assists with that. Thank you very much and have a great weekend!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report