Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DSMax Objects not Visible in Viewport

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jasonphumphreys
6314 Views, 2 Replies

3DSMax Objects not Visible in Viewport

I am currently using 3DSMax Design 2012 (Windows 7) (64 Bit).

After importing an AutoCAD model it seems fine at first, but once i start to scroll in and pan/3d navigate...different aspects of the model starts to get blurred and more often than not they disappear completely!

Has anyone experienced these problems before? Any sudgestions on how to fix?

There might be something wrong in the setup. I am quite confident that my graphics card is up to spec.

Cheers.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Welcome to the community. 

It very well could be the video driver you are using.  What is your card / driver?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

1.: select all objects into the scene and group them (Main menu --> group --> group)

2.: go to the move tool click on it with the RMB. possibly the values for x,y and z are really large

3.: type in 0, 0, 0 in order to bring the object to the worlds origin.

4a.: assign a standard shader to the objects and enable the 2-sided option.

4b.: or you can assign a "Normal" modifier to the objects and enable "flip Normals"

Best Regards,

Florian

Florian Coenen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report