Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmasx failed to install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dirk
296 Views, 2 Replies

3dsmasx failed to install

hi there

My 3dsmax 2014 64bit does not want to install. The install process counts down from 9 to 6(installing 3dsMax) then counts mup and fails.

I have tried the following:

- disabled antivirus.

- turned off UAC

- Run As Administrator

These did not work.

I have attached the install log file. if someone can tell me what the problem is I will appreciate it very much.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: dirk

My suggestion is to use a browser download of the software.  It can be found via step 3 (Virtual Agent ) here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: dirk

Looks to me like you have redirected profile folders (i.e. My Documents) that is likely causing some of your errors.

You need to temporarily put those back local and make sure you are installing from your hard drive and not from physical external media.  Also, do not include any updates to the software during installation.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report