Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
wynnmontana
295 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max Wont Install

Attached is the installation log for 3ds max.  This is the first time I have ever had problems with this.  I am re-installing 3ds max (After license transfer of course) on a SSD which is the main boot drive.  I have no idea why this keeps crashing but no matter what download/way I go about this it never works.  I have tried install now and it gives the attached log.  When I use download now i get the error code (0x250000ff).  I have tried the browser download and it always says the file is corrupted.  The virtual assistant download hangs when de-compressing.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  I have turned off windows firewall and I have no antivirus as per the preparing my system documentation on the autodesk website.  I also get the same errors on installing maya. I currently have approx. 100gb free space as well so that shouldnt be an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wynnmontana
in reply to: wynnmontana

Re:   Update

After a bunch more tries I finally was able to get Mudbox to install.  Still no luck on the 3ds max side however I am once again redownloading as we speak.  Hopefully i'll get lucky and it will finally work.  (Really need this for a school project)  Still getting the same errors however so just check the log from the last post.  Have even tried un-installing and re-installing the c++ redistrobutable.  And as previously stated I have cleared the temp directories as well as making sure I run everything as ADMIN.  All download methods have been tried and still no luck.  

Thanks to anyone who can help

Message 3 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: wynnmontana

wynnmontana

Are you receiving error messages? What are they?

Do you have a log file?

If you have the installer files copied to your directory, you can comment out the Prerequisites.

1.)  Navigate to the c:\Autodesk\Autodesk PROGRAM  2015\ folder.

2.)  Open the Setup.ini file in Microsoft Notepad.

3.)  Click Edit > Replace

4.)  In the “Find What” field enter    PREREQ

5.)  In the “Replace With” field enter    #PREREQ

6.)  Click  “Replace All”

7.)  Save the file.

8.)  Run the installer and install.

9.)  If you install, great. You will likely need to now install the Microsoft C++ redistributables and/or NET

After install, if you need to manually install C++ or NET

1.)  Navigate to c:\Autodesk\Autodesk Revit 2015\3rdParty\x64\VCREDIST

2.)  Open each folder and run the EXE to install the prerequisite

3.)  Navigate to c:\Autodesk\Autodesk Revit 2015\3rdParty\x86\VCREDIST

4.)  Open each folder and run the EXE to install the prerequisite

5.)  Navigate to c:\Autodesk\Autodesk Revit 2015\3rdParty\NET

6.)  Open the storage folder and find the Main NETFrameworkd installer exe. You will probably see a lot of exe files in this location. Look for the biggest exe file, not one of the individual updates and run this. This is the main NET installer. Ignore the rest

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report