Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
romanlegion89
124462 Views, 71 Replies

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

I have no idea what this monitor.exe is, but I cannot find it in the task manager to close it so I can install this program. Please help, my attempts to google solutions have failed.

71 REPLIES 71
Message 21 of 72
DivR
in reply to: roelv30

error :- when installing max  monitor.exe  error ouccred...give me solution plzzz

Message 22 of 72

I used the instructions above and that stopped asking me about notifications. Then I clicked on install. After 20-30 minutes it would tell me the program failed to install. What is going on? I have Windows 10 is that the problem? 

Message 23 of 72
bergamasque
in reply to: romanlegion89

So I was having this problem too, except the message I got was mentionning manager.exe, not monitor.exe - so I did exactly what was instructed here, except I killed manager.exe instead and it worked. But now every time I start my PC I get a message about the Application manager not being available. So I killed it, do I need to unkill it ? Would that address the error message I get on startup ? What would be the command line for that ?

Message 24 of 72

Worked great. Thank You
Message 25 of 72
dereks16

i  tried this and is said it was an invalid argument , please help

Message 26 of 72
ash.brasington
in reply to: philip.s

Unfortunetely this did not work taskkill /f /im monitor.exe the message reads: ERROR: The process "Monitor.exe" with PID 15784 could not be terminated. Reason: Access is denied. Running Windows 10 on Alienware R17. Can anyone help? Read several posts from this forum and research Google and Windows to no avail.

Message 27 of 72

appears this ERROR: The process "Monitor.exe" with PID 3080 could not be terminated.

Message 28 of 72
steven_chowkar

This work fined for me. TQ

Message 29 of 72
Ironchoir
in reply to: steven_chowkar

I did the full installation, everything checks out, go to activate product, the serial number is invalid! I Check your site, for the Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2016, Product key sent to me in my Email,  was : 793H1 but looking up, your site has it listed as 661H1? The pre-sent Product key that was sent was 900-XXXXXXXX and is not being accepted.  Help please!

Below info:

See attachment!

Message 30 of 72
lynn_zhang
in reply to: Ironchoir

Hi @Ironchoir

Please note that I have removed your screenshot and serial number in your post, as we suggest you not share your serial number in public.

The product key for Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2016 is indeed 793H1, whereas 661H1 is the product key for 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard 2016. Please refer to 2016: Product keys for Autodesk products. Which suite did you download from Education Community?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 31 of 72
Ironchoir
in reply to: lynn_zhang

I recieved the wrong software, so I am uninstalling it, I found the right one in the education area! Boy, do I feel like a joke! Thank you Lynn!

Message 32 of 72
Ironchoir

Today I took off from work to install this! I started around 11:00 am and here it is now around 3:30pm. Nothing! Tried all the help files, virtual agents, etc,..... Nothing! Downloaded the right software and still having the same problem! Will not activate and still tells me the Producy key is invalid! I am thinking this software is timestamped! Sent in another request for support. Virtual Agent may be of help to some but for me it was a exhausting, problematic waiste of time! needs more data and solutions to answer problems not based on binary replies, or yes and no!

Message 33 of 72
matthew.d

Hi @Ironchoir,

Sorry you are still having trouble. Are you typing in the product key? Which product key are you using? Would you mind providing a screenshot?

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 34 of 72
Ironchoir
in reply to: matthew.d

0-1-2 autodesk

Product: Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2016
License Type: Education Standalone
Access Type: Singleuser
Authorized Usage: Install on up to 2 personal devices*
Product Key: 793H1
Serial Number: xxx-xxxxxxxx
Term: 3year
term
Licensee: Robert Salido

The info sent to me!

Edit: Removed serial number. Please do not post serial numbers, as this is a public forum.

Message 35 of 72
matthew.d

Hi @Ironchoir,

So, if you navigate to your Autodesk Account, you will notice that there are no 2016 products listed. Why is this important? This symbolizes that for whatever reason the license request did not go through in your account and means we need to regenerate the license. This fortunately is pretty easy to do. To do this you will just need to navigate back to the education community and act like you are downloading the program again. I would recommend just trying to generate the 3ds Max license first, but there is no harm in doing both. If you just downloaded 3ds Max you will need to use the 3ds Max 2016 product key 128H1. If you are using the 3ds Max ECS then it is 661H1, which differs from the plain ECS product key 793H1.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 36 of 72
Ironchoir
in reply to: matthew.d

after reading your email, decided to go simple and download 3dsmax 2016
only.

Welcome back, Robert Salido

3dsmax 2016
Windows 10 64bit
English

Serial number:
900-XXXXXXXX
Product key:
128H1
Files size:
7.54 GB
Authorized usage:
Install on up to 2 personal devices
An email containing the license information above has been sent to you.
You are receiving an Educational license.
See more Installation restrictions apply.See more

On redownloading had issues with back burner, should I uninstall set
programs and redo this with fresh steps?

Message 37 of 72
lynn_zhang

Hi @Ironchoir

I have removed your serial number in the post and please do not share it in public.

What were the issue you had with back burner? Some details would be helpful.

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 38 of 72
Ironchoir
in reply to: lynn_zhang

well before I turn in for the night I am going to Uninstall Autodesk
programs because of my last responses to the email. I was asked to just
install 3dsmax alone then once getting it activated the rest would be a
sinch. Since,11:00am,wasted my whole day, on today's processes of
downloading, uninstalling and re-activations. Not ungrateful and appreciate
the opportunity of getting autodesk software as a student, just seems
hopeless at this given time! Anyway, thank you. Sure you will get another
response!
Message 39 of 72
Ironchoir

Back burner did not load! I recieved a Error 1721 Windows Installer Package did not install correctly. A program required for Backburner did not/ or could not install completely, so BACKBURNER could not run. 2 attachments are with this. Screenshot of download or package manager and the log file to it. Did run 3dsmax around 6:30 a.m. and runs great. So I guess I will download Mudbox and whatever else I may need. Thank You for your help. Sorry This was such a pain in the ****-process. Probably something with windows 10, hehehehehehe.

Message 40 of 72
srg5ac
in reply to: philip.s

This worked in "command prompt" but not in "Run" for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report