Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

71 REPLIES 71
SOLVED
Message 1 of 72
romanlegion89
124460 Views, 71 Replies

3ds Max will not install (Monitor.exe)

I have no idea what this monitor.exe is, but I cannot find it in the task manager to close it so I can install this program. Please help, my attempts to google solutions have failed.

71 REPLIES 71
Message 2 of 72
philip.s
in reply to: romanlegion89

Welcome to the community Kaitlyn!

Perhaps this thread will help? Specifically:

Start > Run

Taskkill /f /im monitor.exe

Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue, or reply with additional specifics if the problem persists.

Message 3 of 72
abiyleoul

thank you very much it helped

Message 4 of 72
tranjnguyen
in reply to: philip.s

I've tried doing that but the monitor.exe keeps popping up. Is it because I have windows 8 or am I just doing something wrong?

Message 5 of 72
roelv30

if you have windows 8 or 8.1 then right click on your windows 8.1 button (in the left corner of your screen) then open command promp(admin)

and paste: Taskkill /f /im monitor.exe then press enter

then if you press the 'Ok' button in the installation it will work

Message 6 of 72
bfarvour110

when i put in the comand promp it says its denied what do i do then

Message 7 of 72
jotagore
in reply to: bfarvour110

open the command prompt as admin 😉
Message 8 of 72
ghghhmhm

Message 9 of 72
Tenedria
in reply to: jotagore

I love you. You just saved my day. Its working perfectly and now I can install it too. (windows 8, 64x)

Message 10 of 72
tinepaz
in reply to: Tenedria

I still can't install it. This message appears as I enter "Taskkill/f /im monitor.exe". The message is "Error: The process "Monitor.exe" with PID 4904 could not be terminated. Reason: Access is denied" Please help. Thank you in advance.

Message 11 of 72
Tenedria
in reply to: tinepaz

run CMD as admin, it worked for me and I used to have the same problem than you.
Message 12 of 72
roelv30

sorry for answering so late but maybe it helps you afterwards, Have you tried to start windows in safe mode? or have you tried running the command prompt in admin mode
Message 13 of 72
gabebroida

not working at all for me and ive run task kill like 8 times and neither 2014 or 2015 will work or install on my computer n i need it for class

Message 14 of 72
CheatCode

Thanks it really helped!
Message 15 of 72
zedar4cebas

Hi Philip

I had the Autodesk 3ds Max student version for 2014 installed and I would like to uninstall that and install the Max 2016 but there is this popup that blocks the uninstallation about some monitor.exe is open. I called out my Task Manager and it does not show any open app - what is this monitor.exe that is blocking?

So I followed your Taskkill /f /im monitor.exe and click Ok then the uninstallation does not ahev a popup block BUT now the uninstallation process is still not moving. Pls help as I need to get it uninstall and get teh 2016, please. 

Thank U. 

zedar

Message 16 of 72
dyren42

3dmax monitör.exe hatası yüzünden yüklenmiyor hep hata veriyor yardım istiyorum....

Message 17 of 72
2khanke

You can open Task Manger; click the 'Processes' tab & scroll down to 'monitor.exe' - select and end process. The install will resume.

Message 18 of 72
bd565564

Thank you for the solution, this was driving me nuts!
Message 19 of 72
joshualicsi

If I close the monitor.exe my laptop crashes and gives me a blue screen saying Kmode exemption not handled. pls help

Message 20 of 72
joshualicsi

If I close the monitor.exe my laptop crashes and gives me a blue screen saying Kmode exemption not handled. pls help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report