Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max Student Version won't upgrade to Professional

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bertholt00
781 Views, 3 Replies

3DS Max Student Version won't upgrade to Professional

I formerly had 3DS Max 2014 Student version installed on my computer. I purchased a professional version, uninstalled the student version, and installed the professional version with it's Serial Number and Product Key. However, even after this when I start 3DS Max it STILL says student version at the top. Any Ideas on how to resolve this??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Bertholt, 

To perform a Clean Uninstall of an Autodesk Product, please click here. Afterwhich, you can then install and activate the Commercial Version of your Product.

Let me know if it still didn't work for you. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Bertholt00

Also make sure you don't use any of your educational designs in your commercial product as they will still be watermarked as educational.  This is true even if even one part is referenced in.  Be careful. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: Bertholt00

Bertholt00,

Hello. Uninstall all Autodesk Products through the Control Panel and then try to uninstall again using the MSFixit tool. http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall\

Then delete the tsf.data file. It will resemble this: ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data. It should be located here:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

Then delete the residual Autodesk folders:

C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk

C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared

C:\Program Files\Autodesk

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

Now install and register.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report