Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max not launching (HELP!)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
razor2255
2325 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max not launching (HELP!)

Now, before we begin, I have tried this on 3ds Max 2013 and 2014 multiple times. I just recently had to reinstall 3ds Max on this computer because I got a ssd from my operating system. Originally I planned on just dragging all the files from 😧 to C: (where it was on my original computer) but then it didn't work along with photoshop and I was told to reinstall. So I did. I tried installing onto my C: and my 😧 and after the process was completed. It tells me success was achieved, I click the .exe file, or shortcut on my desktop, the windows 7 loading icon shows up, but nothing happens. Not even a watermark. Then if I try to uninstall, It tells me I need to close the program first! On task manager, it doesn't even show up as running.

An interesting note that may help find the answer is, when looking through the autodesk folder, all icons show a blank white window for a icon as opposed to the image of 3ds max 2013 or 2014. 

I really would love some assistance, as I need to get work done on a project with a deadline.

Thanks in advance!

Tyler

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
aaronhai
in reply to: razor2255

Hi razor2255,

Welcome to Autodesk Discussion Group.

I see that you encounter issue in installing and removing 3ds max. For a start, please run the Microsoft Fix-It utility and see if you are able to remove the product, before attemtping the installation again under Diagnostic Mode.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Aaron Hai

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report