Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
uncle5
484 Views, 2 Replies

3ds Max License

Dear Sir,

Hello everyone. I am new in this forum. I have some queries about my next purchase of 3ds Max 2013.

I am currently using 3ds Max 2009 as a stand alone license. I am going to purchase another workstation with a new product of 3ds Max 2013 as well. The questions which I am going to ask are as follows :-

i.   Do I need to purchase another stand alone license for the new 3ds Max 2013?

ii.   If I have not mistaken, if I need to work on 2 products of 3ds Max in 2 workstations at the same time, I required a        new standalone license?

iii.  What if I did switch to a network license, could I still work on 3ds Max in 2 workstations at the same time?

iv. Is that how network licensing works?

v.  If I work on one workstation building up a model and the otherone rendering another model, could this be possible      using a network license?

vi. Is it possible to switch my current stand alone license to a network license?

vii. What if I upgrade my current 3ds Max to 3ds Max 2013, purchase another workstation without a new software        by converting my standalone license to a network license, then run my renderings through network rendering            with my current and new workstations, could this work too? I am using Vray at the moment.

I am sorry if the above questions seem confusing. I am just trying to cut down cost without purchasing another software. At times, I thought I could model another scene while rendering another scene in another workstation. Please advise me before I make a decision purchasing the hardware and software.

Thank you very much.

best regards,

Calvin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: uncle5

1. Do I need to purchase another stand alone license for the new 3ds Max 2013? you can upgrade your 2009 3ds max to 3ds max 2014 instead of buying a new license

ii.   If I have not mistaken, if I need to work on 2 products of 3ds Max in 2 workstations at the same time, I required a        new standalone license? yes if you plan to use 2 machines at the same time you would need to 2 licenses

iii.  What if I did switch to a network license, could I still work on 3ds Max in 2 workstations at the same time?

iv. Is that how network licensing works? no 1 network license means 1 machine can use 3ds max

v. If I work on one workstation building up a model and the otherone rendering another model, could this be possible using a network license? you don't need extra licenses to setup a render farm for 3ds max

vi. Is it possible to switch my current stand alone license to a network license? yes there is a 1 time fee for this

vii. What if I upgrade my current 3ds Max to 3ds Max 2013, purchase another workstation without a new software        by converting my standalone license to a network license, then run my renderings through network rendering            with my current and new workstations, could this work too? I am using Vray at the moment.

vray is not part of 3ds max its a 3rd party render engine which has its own licensing policy and guidelines so i don't know how their licensing works

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
uncle5
in reply to: DarrenP

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

In this case I have to purchase another license as required, in order to work on both workstations with 3ds Max.

Thank you.

cheers,

Calvin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report