Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max license shows as student version

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
869 Views, 3 Replies

3DS Max license shows as student version

Hello,

I had until very recently a student version of 3DS Max installed on my computer. I was then employed and the company gave me a proper license. I uninstalled 3DS Max and reinstalled it using the serial number and code for the new license and it still shows up as a student version.

I did not notice this before I had already done a lot of work that I do not have time to redo. How do I get the proper license to work and get the student version warning message to disappear from my files?

Kind regards

Mikkel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not notice this before I had already done a lot of work that I do not have time to redo. How do I get the proper license to work and get the student version warning message to disappear from my files?

Kind regards

Mikkel

activating the software will not get rid of the warning

the files will always be infected with the student banner there is no workaround  and also violates the EULA

you have to recreate the files

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Alright, but then how do I get to install a proper version so my new files won't have the warning?

As said, I used the serial number and product key for the new license when I installed the software but it still says "student version" at the top. Do I need some other installer than the one I used when I installed my student version?

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

try this: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report