Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS max installation win8.1vs win7

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
200 Views, 1 Reply

3DS max installation win8.1vs win7

Hello there. 

I have run the gauntlet of trying to install the 2015 version of 3ds max for windows 8.1. I've poured over the support articles, trying everything they have mentioend and to no avail, I cannot get past either the 1619 or 1603 errors. 

I have two computers, a lenovo laptop running win8.1 and a 27" imac running a windows 7 bootcamp. Here's something that may be of interest. On windows 8.1 the program tries to install the Microsoft Vis C++ 2005 redistributable. However, on windows 7, it installs the 2010 version. I have mudbox successfully installed on win8.1 which uses the 2012 redistributable. (Yes, in a failed attempt I tried instaling 3ds first, then Mudbox).

3ds max 2015 has been successfully installed on my mac's bootcamp *win 7* which is a shoddy work around given its age. Now I'm using two computers at the moment and will probably wipe the laptop in preference for windows 7. Read: not ideal.

Why would this be? Could this be the cause of so much user frustration?

In all my years I've never had this much trouble with software.

Best,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: 8087193

Post the log file. It might provide some insight.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report