Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max installation problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
286 Views, 5 Replies

3ds max installation problem

Hello, 

I have two students using the HP Envy Series 17" laptop computer who are unable to successfully install 3DS Max onto their computers. 

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Installaed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.78 usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 8.1 Operating system

Below is the installation error both students are receiving: 

3ds max installation error.jpg

What steps should they take to resolve this issue? Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hazlipa
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello mathewilliams, weclome to the Community!

There are a few different reasons this error may be showing up including, firewall settings, and anti-virus. So although I would recommend temporarily disabling these, the most successful solution is to download using the browser download method. You can find direct browser download links for 3DS Max in our Virtual Agent!

To download please click here for our Virtual Agent

Then choose "Download"

Then "3DS Max Products"

Then "3DS Max"

Then select the version they need.

Let us know if you recieve another error or if this does not resolve the issue!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hazlipa

Thank you @hazlipa

I sat with them yesterday and attempted to download the software from the Browser Download as well, but that did not work either. However, I did not instruct them to remove their firewall settings or disable their anti-virus software before attempting to download. I'll suggest that next and confirm whether they are successful after doing so. 

Thank you for your quick response!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just to follow up, disabling the firewall did not result in a successful installation either...

Both students were able to download AutoCAD software previously, so I am very curious to know why 3DS Max installation would not work given it is the same operating system. 

Does anyone have any further thoughts or input toward a solution for this?

Message 5 of 6
hazlipa

Hi mathewilliams,

Sorry to hear that didn't resolve the issue. It's hard to pinpoint exactly where the root cause is when it comes to installations. There are a lot of varibles from hardware, to operating system, to network. I might suggest deleting all previous failed downloads for 3DS Max. The best way to isolate where the issue may be coming from is to change as many variables as possible from the first attempt.

Could you try the following:

Please delete any failed downloads for 3DS Max.

You mentioned you downloaded the browser download. Was this from the educational site? Could you try using the link in the Virtual Agent?

If possible, could you have the two student try downloading on a different network?

This may be enough changes to irradicate the root issue, but please let us know if this doesn't work!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report