Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max installation error, corrupt file

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
overThinker
6951 Views, 26 Replies

3ds Max installation error, corrupt file

I have 3ds max installed fine on a desktop computer I don't currently have access to. I have been trying to download and install it onto a different computer, both have Windows XP. The download completes but when I try to install I get an error that a file is corrupt, the installation cannot continue and that I must download a fresh copy. "CRC failed in Support\ADSKMaterials\ILM\Common~1.cab" I re downloaded 3ds max 2011 3 times, and the same error of a file being corrupt everytime with no hint at that while it's downloading. I realized that the 2012 version was available so I tried downloading that instead but still got a similar file corrupt error(I didn't take note if it was the same file or not).

I'm very frustrated and have found no solutions online and have no idea if it's something wrong with the computer I'm on, my account with autodesk or what.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
chrismendle
in reply to: jessica.t

I have tried it without the physical firewall and done everything else and it still doesn't install. I get a first run initialization error as described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/quot-First-Run-Initialization-quot-Every-Time-I...

Message 22 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: chrismendle

Hi @chrismendle,

Is there any chance you're working on a lap top and you could try downloading from a different network? A friend's house, a coffee shop, work, or school?

Jessica Thrasher
Message 23 of 27
chrismendle

I have tried a different network and I get the same error message. "FirstRun ThreadID 4736"

Message 24 of 27
chrismendle

I figured it out. My username was too long so it was causing the error when the installer accessed the temp folder.

Maya LT fails to install because installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) fails but 3dsmax and Mudbox install just fine.

Message 25 of 27
jessica.t
in reply to: chrismendle

Great work! Glad you got everything squared away Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 26 of 27
chrismendle

Thank you. I installed Maya LT 2014 instead of 2015 and that works so I am happy.

Message 27 of 27
khactam9x
in reply to: overThinker

1- Create folders   C:\Temp 
2- access   Control Panel / User Account  / Change my evironment vavirables )
3- changes in value    TMP and TEMP change  C:\Temp ( default :  %USERPROFILE%AppData \ Local \ Temp) 
                              test work  100% (khactam9x@gmail.com)
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report