Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max Home Use License

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trevor_smith1
917 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max Home Use License

We have 8 network licenses of 3DS Max all under subscription.

One of the features offered in the subscription is to allow a home use install under a seperate stand alone license number, which has been great when working from home or on a laptop as licensing is much less hassle than over a vpn or via the internet.

However in their wisdom Autodesk put a time limit on the home use license (not sure, I think it's only 6 months), now of course snowed in here in the UK and the license has expired and there appears to be no way of reactivating it?

Autodesk have said as were under subscription just resubmit a request code, but gave no indication of how that might be achieved, my max support dealer after alot of head scratching seems to think the only way is to reinstall, but with no install disk here, and over slow broadband the 3GB Max install file will take longer to download than the snow will last, let alone all the extensions and plugins required.

Does anybody have any idea if there is any way of reactivating Max without reinstalling?

And failing that does anybody have a clue what Autodesk were thinking when they made it time limited and no way to reactivate 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Instant update, just had an email from support...

To remove the license delete the file:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data

(also remove any backup files: data_backup.001, 002 etc if they exist).

Hope this helps if anybody else has the same issue.

Take note Autodesk, if you add this feature please make this process easier!

Message 3 of 3

Sorry to hear about the activation issues,

documented process is here.

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS13845691

it would require you to contact Autodesk support as the License file names change according to versions, also it has impact on all the products installed on the machine.

I will make some suggestions internally to improve this. We appreciate your feed back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report