Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Design 2014 Installation Failure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nicesave2000
266 Views, 3 Replies

3ds Max Design 2014 Installation Failure

Autodesk,

Due to my not being able to install updates to 3ds Max Design 2014, I uninstalled and removed all the folders in the C drive and My Documents, as well as entries in the Registry Editor that pertained to 3ds Max Design. Upon attempting to reinstall 3ds Max, I received an error message stating that installation had failed. All others components of 3ds Max Design had installed correctly. I had discovered my UAC was already turned off and I cleared the TEMP folder, as well. I am an individual user working on a single computer and my suscription is current. I would prefer to resolve the issue without installing the 2014 Building Design Suite Premium. I'm not certain updating the Network Manager License or the FlexNet License pertains. I haven't attempted anything in regards to those. I've included the Log File generated from the reinstallation attempt.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance.

Cordially, Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: nicesave2000

We can't tell much from the setup log, just that 3DS Max failed to install. Can you go into your temp folder and retrieve the install log? The log will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. That is the detailed install log that will indicate exactly where the install is failing. Also, is any error appearing on screen when your install fails?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4
nicesave2000
in reply to: asburyj

AshburyJ,
????????????? Thank you for responding so quickly.

1.? Both the 3ds Max Log file and the Building design Suite Log File are included.
2.? In answer to your question, NO warnings appeared prior to the "failure to install" notice.
3.? As further background, the reason I uninstalled and tried to reinstall 3ds was that the updates/ service packs/ hot fixes
???? I tried to install; failed. I believe the warning message stated the software couldn't be found.
4.? The companion software to 3ds was able to install, i.e.; materials and Video access

5.? The Suite Workflow between Revit 2014 and 3ds Max Design 2014 worked before.
6.? A similar situation occurred between the Revit to Showcase workflow. I had removed Showcase
??? and reinstalled it. During the installation process, a window popped up asking permission for Autodesk
??? through the firewall; it's worked fine since. This is the rationale behind the current 3ds issue.
7.? I don't know if this helps, but I looked in the License Manager this morning and the name is slightly different.
???? I'm a single user on a single computer.

8.? Lastly, back in February, I had a computer meltdown where HP had to create a new profile and copy/
???? paste files from the old profile to the new/ current profile. The old profile has been since removed.

Any help is and will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
??????????????? Dan Richardson
Message 4 of 4
asburyj
in reply to: nicesave2000

I don't see a 3ds max install log attached. They are usually rather big so you may need to zip it to get it to attach

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report