Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Arnonet
3980 Views, 8 Replies

3ds Max & render farm

I've just bought 3ds Max, stand-alone licence. I'm wondering if I can use it in our render farm ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DarrenP
in reply to: Arnonet

yea you can

you don't licenses for max to use in a render farm

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Arnonet
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you for your answer

To be sure I understand exactly that you mean : I install 3D max on each render with the same serial number but I don't register or I install in trial mode

Message 4 of 9
DarrenP

just run as trial the reason you won't actually be opening max just the 3dsmax.exe will be running while rendering

the only computer that needs to be activated is the one that your doing the modeling and/or animation on

with 1 license of max you get an unlimited amount of render slaves i think the documentation says 9,999 computers

i should have said in the previous post you won't need addtional licenses of 3ds max to use in a render farm

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Arnonet
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you very much

I try it right away

Message 6 of 9
Fpiayda

I know that the last aswer is a bit old 🙂

but I have a problem setting up 2 pc's as a render slave.

I have a problem reinstalling 2 pc from a render farm. we have a couple licencs of 3ds max. When I am right, for the render slaves I can install max as the 30 days trial. the problem.... Know the problem is, that on on the slaves max was installed before as a trial. Because of technical problems I had to delet the hdd and reinstalled windows and max (2015) on the slaves again. But know I cant open 3ds max (i have to activate it). IThe problem is that I have to put in a path for the plugins so that max can get alle the plugin information from our server.

So, what is the correct way to install 3ds max on a render slave and adding the path for the plugin?

As I understood... with every baught licens its possible to install max on 9999 slaves 

Cheers Florian

Message 7 of 9
Fpiayda
in reply to: Fpiayda

does no one have an tip for me how it works?
Message 8 of 9
stephen.sanmarco
in reply to: Fpiayda

@Fpiayda Did you get this worked out?

I have been looking for good advise around network rendering setups for awhile now and the re sellers do not seem to have an understanding on this. Where you able to uninstall and reinstall?

Message 9 of 9

@stephen.sanmarco

This is not normally supported here and unless a reseller has a individuals dedicated to or fully understand this configuration, they are not going to have an answer for you...

Please post over in the 3Ds Max forum for better results..   Meaning ask the actual users of the product..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report