Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max/Akamai Netsession Installation and File Location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
eloveranes_work
1941 Views, 1 Reply

3ds max/Akamai Netsession Installation and File Location

I recently attempted to install Max 2015 on a new PC and didn't know that a download manager (Akamai Netsessions) would be installed. I ended up canceling the installation about halfway through, about 1.58gb/3.3gb. The idea was to stop this download/installation and just go for the "standard browser download." The problem is, when I canceled it, some components have already been installed and the installer doesn't delete its trail of files. I ended up uninstalling Akamai Netsessions, Autodesk Application Manager, and Autodesk Material Library 2015 from Add/Remove Program. I guess the idea I had at the time was to remove all these things and just do a fresh installation from the browser downloaded files. My question is, are there any other places I should go look at and delete? For instance C:\Autodesk seems to have 2 folders that add up to exactly 1.58gb. I'm pretty sure this is where the installation files went. Is it okay to delete these files?

How about:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk

C:\Users\**\AppData\Local\Autodesk

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

C:\Autodesk will contain your installation files.  The other locations will be the installation files.

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report