Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS max 2015 install failure core files features - Student

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
RustyJalleo
528 Views, 2 Replies

3DS max 2015 install failure core files features - Student

I have tried to install and reinstall 3DS max 2015 on windows 8.1 on a Acer Aspire E1-572 multiple times with a student licence and each time the install has failed at the core files segment.

Here is the latest screenshot of this occuring and the logs.

I have run it both in and out of administrator mode and had security protection off while this occured. I also followed the instructions on reinstallation. (Windows Defender)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dembkod
in reply to: RustyJalleo

RustyJalleo

Hello. This is not a good issue. This is telling you have permission problems on a registry key. This means there is a registry corruption on a grouping of keys. Honestly, you may need to consider reinstalling the operating system.

You can navigate to that key in the registry and make sure permissions are added for your user name, this may help.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Install...

Basically, you have keys that cannot be accessed. You should log in as an Administrator, but being an administrator does not mean anything if the permissions for the keys are stripped. I would analyze the key first and see if the behavior changes.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 3
RustyJalleo
in reply to: dembkod

Too a while until I had spare time and was able to backup my stuff just done it yesterday and during the night. It fully worked thank you for the help. I just wonder what caused a corruption on the registry keys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report