Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2015 install error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
niklaskirchmer
5846 Views, 8 Replies

3ds max 2015 install error

hello

the 3ds max 2015 installation abordes every time.

i tried a lot of soloutions postet in this forum but nothing worked.

attached the installlog

thanks for the help

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: niklaskirchmer

The error is showing as follows

Action start 22:00:31: MRSetService.
CustomAction MRSetService returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

This means the mentalray satelite service cannot be created for some reason. If you aren't going to use mental ray for rendering you may want to just try taking that out of the installer. Here's some steps to follow

1.) Download and install orca msi editing tool http://www.technipages.com/download-orca-msi-editor

2.) Copy the install media for 3ds max to a local drive or navigate to the downloaded installer directory. Find the install msi for 3ds Max, usually  x64/max/3dsmax.msi

3.) Right click the msi and choose edit in orca

4.) In "Custom Actions" Search for the line MRSetService and delete it. Close Orca and save the changes. 

5.) Run the 3ds Max install again. 

If this is the only spot the install is gettin struck in it should complete. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 9
niklaskirchmer
in reply to: asburyj

thank you so much!

Message 4 of 9
Pabloibra9
in reply to: niklaskirchmer

ami me pasa ESTO, porfavor assistance. 

Message 5 of 9
asburyj
in reply to: Pabloibra9

Pabloibra9 that setup.ini file doesn't tell us anything. If you are having trouble with an install please connect the logs. The logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of "Product Name Setup.log" and "Product Name Install.log" , where  "Product name" is the name and release year of the software, and post them back up here. You may need to zip them to make them small enough

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 9
Pabloibra9

perdona pero no sabia muy bien que archivos eran , adjunto lo que he encontrado ya que no se me ha instalado casi nada porque me aparece "network failured" al principio de la instalación y se cancela la instalación.

Tengo windows 8.1 , 8Gb de Ram , Mas de 700 Gb de disco duro 

Lo necesito para mis estudios y he mirado si es solamente con la version 2015 , pero me ocurre igual con todas las versiones , con Maya me pasa igual 

Gracias

Message 7 of 9
asburyj

Can you try downloading from the direct download links on our virtual agent as a workaround?

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 8 of 9
Pabloibra9

MUCHISIMAS GRACIAS , me sirvió 100% pero me gustaria saber que fallaba antes para que de la otra manera no me permitiese instalar el programa. Gracias

Message 9 of 9
asburyj

There are different install options for our software. The trial and install now options download the software at the same time as it's installing and that network failure means the network interupted during the process. I like to recommend the full download if there are connection problems because you know if the download completed nothing will interrupt your install. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report