Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2015 extension 1 install silently through deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cregimenti
878 Views, 3 Replies

3DS Max 2015 extension 1 install silently through deployment

So I've created the deployment for max 2015 but when it gets to installing extension 1 it involves user interaction.  The point of having the deployment is for no interaction and I was wondering if anyone knew and flags to put in th parameters to run it silently.  Right now I get the accept EULA and actually having to hit install.  Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: cregimenti

Have you tried /qb or /qn

I've actually installed this myself at work but I'm not on my machine to recall what I used.can update you tomorrow with exactly what I did.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: ukdxb012

I'm not 100% on this but have you tried extracting the MSP files?

Example here...

Go to start, in the search box type "c:\extract\3dsMax2015_EXT1_Win.exe" /e "c:\extract\3dsMax2015_EXT1_Win.msp"

Can't remember if that's possible with the extension but I will be able to confirm tomorrow if that helps 🙂

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: ukdxb012

Hi,

As promissed, i said i would inform you once i was in the office on how to install Extension 1 for 3DS Max silently. Unfortunately i didnt do this for 3DS Max, it was for 3DS Max Design but im hoping you can do the same.

The way i did it was to use the Extension *.MSI.

If you download the Extension *.Exe and Run it, you should see an Image after the License Agreement and on the bottom left of the Image there is a "Deploy" button. Select this and chose a folder to extract SP2 and the Extension.

Once you browse to this location, there should hopefully be an *.MSI for the Extension. Use this in your Deployment and utilise /qb to install with a basic UI.

Hope that helps!

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report