Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 stalls/crashes on start Windows 8

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sonnenkind1
318 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max 2014 stalls/crashes on start Windows 8

I recently tried to install Max on a brand new system (new SSD, new OS, the works); it installs fine, but on start up, it hangs at "3ds Max initializing" for about six or seven minutes.  It completely freezes my computer during this too.  Sometimes, it will eventually open Max, sometimes I will get an "Autodesk component failure, program will now close" message.  I have tried just about EVERYTHING I can think of, including suggestions I've found here, but nothing fixes the stalling issue completely.  The closest I've come was getting it to only freeze my system for FOUR minutes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Max more times than I can count, even trying it on another hard drive.  I run the uninstaller, then I follow the instructions HERE.  I even delete the Autodesk folder from the registry.  I have all folders unhidden, so I'm pretty sure I'm getting everything (although on this most recent try, I found a folder I'm not able to delete; it says I don't have admin permission... )

1.jpg

It also seems that despite following the uninstall suggestions, deleting registry entries, etc, that my license is still stuck somewhere because on the RARE occasion when Max DOES open (after freezing my system for several minutes), it doesn't ask me to re-activate or anything.  Can anyone help me? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sonnenkind1
in reply to: sonnenkind1

Okay... I just downloaded and tried installing the 30 day trial of 3ds Max 2015 and it completely locked me out of my system for six minutes before the licensing window appeared. 

I'm about ready to give up on Max completely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report