Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2014 - .net runtime error 1026 unhandled exception

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nickellese
5898 Views, 3 Replies

3ds max 2014 - .net runtime error 1026 unhandled exception

I badly need help.  I'm trying to install and load 3ds Max 2014 on a windows 7 pc.  The software installs but then when I try to open the application I get an error message saying that it can't open because "a software problem has caused the programme to close".  When I look in the windows event viewer I see the following error:

Event ID: 1026

Source: .NET Runtime

Application: 3dsmax.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at <Module>.wWinMainCRTStartup()

I do not know what to do to try and fix it.  I have tried uninstalling the application and unistalling .net using the .net clean up tool (suggested in another forum post) and then reinstalling everything, but that doesn't work.  I have tried using different versions of .net in combination (e.g. 4.5, 4.0 and / or 3.5.1).  But I get the same error everytime.

Can anyone help?  The application is crucial to my work and without it my computer is pretty much redundant!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nickellese

It's possible that you could be experiencing the 2014 activation crash on first-time launch.

You might try this hotfix and see if it helps:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
nickellese
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for you reply Travis,

Your fix certaily sounds like it is in the right direction for after typing the command instructed by the hotfix (wmic bios get serialnumber), the laptop, which is a brandnew workstation, flips through the run command and wont display the serial.

After having gone through the steps in  the hotfix Max will still not open. Is there anything else you can suggest?

My main client has switched to using 2014 and I need to upgrade too!

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nickellese

Still getting the same error?

You might try launching as Administrator...

The only other typical crash is generally caused by a problematic video driver. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report