Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2014 for mac OSX

55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56
rockworldmi
299282 Views, 55 Replies

3DS Max 2014 for mac OSX

Hi All,

Why there is no Mac os x system requirement under 2014 max? or are they releasing mac osx native verison ?

Regards,

Jay.

55 REPLIES 55
Message 41 of 56

Looks like I'll just keep using Modo for Mac.

Message 42 of 56
taissir111
in reply to: rockworldmi

Message 43 of 56
Anonymous

Message 44 of 56
rockworldmi

Thanks all for support and kudos.. but i have moved to Blender 3D already ... can't wait this much for 3DSMax to create Mac version.
Message 45 of 56
Anonymous

I very much hope that sooner or later, Autodesk 3DS Max release for OSX
Message 46 of 56
Anonymous

hello.

i am using autodesk products since last 3 years , but still i am waiting for 3ds max mac version.  and if theres any please help me to find one.

regards

pranav sharma

Message 47 of 56
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

Since you’re new to the community I just wanted to inform you this is a worldwide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. For any future postings you may do, please do not include any personal information (such as your serial #) in anything that you share (including screen shots & attachments) with us.

There's no current 3DS Max release that supports the MAC OS..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 48 of 56
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Autodesk may respond concretely: when the 3d max for OS X? Or it never will be ???

Message 49 of 56
Anonymous

Mark, your reply in this thread is so unnecessary that it's actually more appropriate for a techno-workplace parody along the lines of "Office Space."

Please allow me to illustrate:

User: I really wish Autodesk would create a Mac OS version of 3DS Max.

Mark (Autodesk Elite):  Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.
Since you’re new to the community I just wanted to inform you this is a worldwide (public) user forum where users are assisting others. For any future postings you may do, please do not include any personal information (such as your serial #) in anything that you share (including screen shots & attachments) with us.

User: Your replay is in no may beneficial to me because it doesn't answer my question, Mark. Can you tell me if Autodesk is at least considering a Mac OS version of 3DS Max.

Mark (Autodesk Elite):  Welcome to the community and hopefully my (or someone else) reply will be beneficially to you.

User: Ummmmm, Mark. That's the same answer you gave me before. Are you even a real person?

There's no current 3DS Max release that supports the MAC OS.

In other words, Mark...you've actually become "Lumbergh" from "Office Space." Congratulations...and please don't come back unless you actually have something constructive to add to the conversation.

lumbergh.gif

Message 50 of 56
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

I find your reply as being unprofessional and not called for.  I responded once to a new user, welcoming them to the community and letting them know by the latest system requirements there is still no 3DS Max version for the OS.   I don't know what research this person has done or how much information he/she has.

And this is what you have to say to me?  In no way was I responded to you or deserve this type of reply or comparison.  In the future you may want to consider what your posting and saying/here, especially to someone that has an expert elite status.  I find it very insulating when I'm spending my holiday answering posting and helping users.  And then you come along and post garbage like this.  Shame on you!!!

I have no control over Autodesk and what application they support for what operating system.  I'm only providing information here to help a new users.

Responses like this will eventually lead you to getting no support for others as well.  This type of response is not needed especially when it was not even directed toward you.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 51 of 56
Anonymous

Well, Mark...since you decided to focus on your hurt feelings instead of the actual information at hand, let's recap in hopes that you will gain some understanding as to why I responded to your post with such sarcasm.

1 - The "new" poster made it clear that they've been using 3DS Max for 3 years and are "still waiting" on a Mac OS version. They clearly know that it's not available for Mac.

2 - This thread is 3 years old and filled with post after post after post from "elites" such as yourself....all saying essentially the same copy-and-paste answer: "There's no current 3DS Max release that supports the MAC OS."

3 - Threads like these, by their very nature, are open for all to read and comment. Many of us have email notifications ticked for this thread in hopes of getting some REAL news about 3DS Max for Mac OS.

If you would simply pay attention and answer the question it would be so much better. I have no doubt that you've provided helpful information in other threads. But your response in THIS thread is a classic example of "blah-blah-blah."

It. Is. Not. Helpful.

Hey! Here's an idea...instead of getting defensive about it why don't you go on the offensive. Use your "elite" status to ferret out some nugget about 3DS Max. Even if it's not coming to Mac OS sometime soon...maybe share at least one reason why it's still great to run on Windows.

Message 52 of 56
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

At first I wasn't going to respond but I decided anyway.

Where did the "new" poster indicate they have been using 3DS Max for 3 years?  THey stated "i am using autodesk products since last 3 years".  Autodesk makes many products and I don't know this person just like I don't know you.  I can't assume this individual is even installed and using 3DS Max.  Can you either?  Part 2 of their statement states "but still i am waiting for 3ds max mac version.  and if theres any please help me to find one."  So the new poster is looking for advice on if Autodesk has released a MAC version of it.  So I replied and stated by system requirements for 2017 there is no version yet for MAC.  So I clearly read what the new poster wrote and what they were asking....

So I don't understand why you or @Anonymous take offense to that or have to make these ridiculous comments like both of you have at this point.  I fully understand you have notification waiting for an answer and your looking for a given answer from Autodesk.  But did I ever personally reply to you or @Anonymous?  No, I never did..  That's why my posting started out by tagging the individual that posted the question.  I was responding to them and not anybody else.   In addition I don't go through every response that has happend here or look to see who has already posted..  I noticed a new posting and went to assist the users.  So what is wrong with that?  May I ask why didn't you chime in and help this new users and informed them?  No you just sit back, say nothing and then slam me for my response.

In addition you two are newcomer and users like me or others here that have earned the expert elite status from Autodesk deserve respects.  We are not here just for the fun of it. We have to meet a certain requirement to achieve this status and we are always required to assist all users.  We don't need people like you or anybody else telling us how to do our job wither it was helpful or not to you.  Yes sometimes we don't have a direct answer to the problem and responses may sound like a broken record.  However we can only provide what we know and what we think is the best answer for that given individual.  This posting is a couple of years old and a lot of users are looking for answer but that doesn't mean we can't stop assisting a new user because its not useful information to you or someone else.  Yes you can share your feelings and negativity here about Autodesk's lack of supporting this product on MAC os.  But don't come here and slam me or any other users no matter of their status or what reply we give to a given user.  This is a professional place and it deserves respect.  We are not employees of Autodesk and this is not Autodesk.  I'm a Autodesk user just like you. 

In addition I've never used 3DS Max and never have any plan to do so.  Just because I'm not a user of a given Autodesk product I still have the rights to direct any user to a recommendation and/or solutions without people like you or @Anonymous making such a big deal about it.  I know you're looking for answer but I or others do not have any insight into what Autodesk is planning on doing with this product or any other product.  If you don't like the responses I or someone else is giving here, then ignore it if its not useful information to you.  Simple as that...

Athis point I'm apologize to @Anonymous because we have gotten off topic here.

Mark Lancaster

Message 53 of 56

Oh come on........This is so annoying.

Mark,  with much respect, I have to tell you that if you answer anyone "There is no version of 3ds Max for MAC yet" it's almost insulting. We know there's no version yet,  that's why we're here, and that's why people take offense.

The question is clear, "will there ever be such a version?" and the only three possible answers are "yes" "no" and/or "maybe"......So which one is it?

Indirect answers are not answers, so giving a meandering response is wrong. If someone doesn't know, they shouldn't answer, because it just goes to fill the forum with this type of personal conversations that go nowhere. 

I know you're trying to be helpful, but this is not a conversation of ego, this is about getting an answer from someone who knows.

Message 54 of 56
Anonymous

is ther 3ds max for mac OSX ???
Message 55 of 56
Klabekah

That's what I'm going to say

@Anonymouswrote:

Is Autodesk ever going to produce a version for Mac- if Autodesk can do it for AutoCAD (Mac version), why can't they do it for 3dsMax or any other software? Just curious 😄

Message 56 of 56
info2KD9N
in reply to: Klabekah

I WANT 3DS MAX FOR MAC-OS-X !!! DO IT!!! PLEASEEEEE!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report