Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 error code 1610 and 1619 on install.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jim.clan.leader
2815 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max 2014 error code 1610 and 1619 on install.

Hi there Autodesk Education community. 

I'm a university student whose currently studying game design (3rd/final year). I'm using Autodesk 3DS Max and Maya in my 3d work, but have recently had an issue that's set me back.

After only being able to use a mouse without a scrollwheel (trackball), I relied on steering wheel in 3DS Max to navigate around the scenes. After a while the steering wheel appeared to break and none of the shortcuts would work. After multiple attempts of getting it to work, I decided to try and reinstall 3ds max 2014, but the uninstaller froze at the beginning of the uninstallation. After process closing the uninstaller, I looked in add/remove programs and found 3DS MAX 2014 had been removed, but there were still many files in the installation directory. I deleted these (as well as local/roaming/temporary files) and attempted to install 3DS Max 2014 again.

This time, the installed reported error codes 1610 and 1619. After some research, I attempted to remove registry keys that clearly contained 3ds max references as well as uninstalling .net 4.5.1 and java 7 from my computer (as suggested on other threads). Again, the installer gives the same errors, even after redownloading the install various times and methods (download now version grinds to a hault on the autodesk self-extractor around 5.5gb uninstalled)...

It's very important for me to get 3DS Max 2014 reinstalled on my system as I have original 2014 edition files saved that I need to continue working on. Any more suggestions?

System specs:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 875K @ 2.93GHz 28 °C
Lynnfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 663MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Intel Corporation DP55KG (LGA 1156) 40 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1440x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (EVGA) 33 °C
Hard Drives
238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series ATA Device (SSD) 29 °C
466GB Seagate ST3500418AS ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I'm happy to provide any more relevant details if anyone believes they can help me. Thankyou for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from someone! Cat Embarassed

P.S. - The error log has been included to show the detail of the error, I thought it was too big to paste into the actual forum section. Also I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section!

Games Design Student - University of Wolverhampton. 3rd YR
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: jim.clan.leader

Hello Richard and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I apologize for your installation issues but thank you for your detailed message and your efforts to resolve the issue. However, I think this solution may be helpful. This one as well.

Let me know how it goes!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 5
jim.clan.leader
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi there Jessica, I'll try the suggestions you've posted and I must apologise in advance!

I accidently posted a downloaded error log from somebody elses issue (I was checking other people's error logs for similarities in an attempt to fix my own issue),

...the actual error log is below, sorry for the mix-up and thankyou for the response!

Message 4 of 5
jessica.t
in reply to: jim.clan.leader

No worries, this is helpful:

DirectX® Runtime    Failed    Failure is ignored, Result=1619

This solution gives detailed instructions on how to fix error 1619. Hope this helps!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
jim.clan.leader
in reply to: jessica.t

I managed to alter the setup.ini file to ignore the error code 1619 but I'm still getting error code 1610 without much further explanation, it just fails to install 3DS MAX 2014.. I'll try Orca to, see if that helps in anyway, but I'm wondering if theres any registry keys I havent deleted that need to be removed (which would have been done during the uninstallation I believe) which I've missed when trying to clean out the registry after the uninstaller crashed. Until this point I've never had an issue or error whilst installing 3DS MAX 2012/2013/2014, so it's quite odd! Cat LOL

Thanks for your responses and support Cat Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report