Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 Error 20 - win8-64

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
wild_shebl
94087 Views, 29 Replies

3ds Max 2014 Error 20 - win8-64

Can anyone please help? Every time I try to open 3ds Max I get the message window, "The software license check out failed. Error 20. By the way I am using Windows 8, 3ds Max 2014

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
TravisNave
in reply to: wild_shebl

Start by deleting the C:\ProgramData\Flexnet directory (hidden) and reinstall.  There's been some luck with that. 

Otherwise, I'd do a search for Error 20, since there have been a lot of posts about it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 30
nick68
in reply to: TravisNave

i deleted that flexnet directory. when you say reinstall! reinstall what? I presume your referring to max reinstall?

and im sick of searching and trying things for this error 20 bug issue. Maybe it's related to 2012 on purpose?

Message 4 of 30
EelTek

It worked. Had to stop the flexnet service before I was able to delete the directory. I did not have to reinstall 3ds Max.

Message 5 of 30
jolyrojr

That folder has Flex componants for other software titles from other publishers, if i just go in an nuke the folder, wont that deactivate Photoshop and such? 

Message 6 of 30
EMTartist76

Hello,

I am having the same issue with Autodesk 3ds max, My system information is :

It worked fine since I started school a month or two ago but I had to create an account name and password, then I was prompted  to install a windows update. Since then I recieve error 20  license check out failed

I did  read the solution but I cannot seem to find Program Data / FLEXnet

I also get a message saying that the progam is on compatiable with Windows 8.1

please help, I'm missing work from my last class and now I'm going to fall behind in my current class.

MJ

Message 7 of 30
EelTek
in reply to: EMTartist76

I followed Travis Nave instructions. The directory is hidden, but accessible by specifying it in explorer's address bar. What I added was stopping the Autodesk content management service to allow you to delete the directory. I am using Windows 8.1.
Message 8 of 30
davemart1

I spent an added day reading through my other programs literature to make sure this would not affedt my pipeline. Then I followed the instructions to delete the files inside the Flexnet folder. (First I stopped the service.) Watching this folder during Max start up new entries were created and there was Max,

Incidently you can see the hidden file from xplorer by view and check unhid (hidden),

Thanks most graciously.

Message 9 of 30
yona.kilongola

please help im trying to install 3ds max 2014 but i keep getting errors...i uninstalled the microsoft visual 2005 but still no luck..error.jpg

Message 10 of 30

i have attached my log

Message 11 of 30
TravisNave
in reply to: yona.kilongola

@yona.kilongola 

Install	Autodesk® Material Library 2015 - Medium Resolution Library	Failed	Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

I would recommend that you try downloading your product using the virtual assistant by following the directions here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 30
S.S.Anderson

I found that my FLEXnet service wasn't started, all I had to do was reactivate it from the control pannel.

Message 13 of 30
hvof2003

Can you tell me how to reinstall of flexnet directory?
Message 14 of 30
julioherrera4

Hi! i have the same problem and i did what you text and im still having the problem.... my windows is 7 professional...what can i do? thx

Message 15 of 30
jiewey95

hi, i just read the post about the same problem i have, 
i install and uninstall for 6 times, still cnt find the problem, 

where is the program data? i cant find anywhere in C:/ 
i tried search but it couldnt find any... 

please help T^T

Message 16 of 30

@TravisNave Do you know what causes this error? 

I have a customer experiencing it at the moment and it seems to be reoccuring.. 

Thanks 🙂 

Message 17 of 30
TravisNave
in reply to: jiewey95

@jiewey95 wrote:

hi, i just read the post about the same problem i have, 
i install and uninstall for 6 times, still cnt find the problem, 

where is the program data? i cant find anywhere in C:/ 
i tried search but it couldnt find any... 

please help T^T

@jiewey95 

C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder.  You can go straight to it by typing it into your address bar, or you can turn on hidden folders.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 18 of 30

@ClareHiggins5878 wrote:

@TravisNave Do you know what causes this error? 

I have a customer experiencing it at the moment and it seems to be reoccuring.. 

Thanks 🙂 

@ClareHiggins5878 

Licensing errors are pretty much unexplainable.  Usually there is some sort of corruption, or hardware changes, or system restore / steady state is being run, etc.  There are seemingly infinite reasons for this, unfortunately.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 19 of 30
agonzalez

Message 20 of 30
mariustipa
in reply to: yona.kilongola

Autodesk is reading here ? Probably not, as they have no email to write to. 

Cannot believe it ...

My problem was to pay. I am not their employee to delete reinstall and so on. Get a Teamviewer Autodesk and solve YOUR problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report