Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2014 Crashes On Startup

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
markholland34
9890 Views, 10 Replies

3ds Max 2014 Crashes On Startup

I have downloaed 3ds Max 2014, but it crashes on startup after saying that it is trying to verify my license. I have a student licence and my product key was entered successfully when I downloaded the programme. Please see the image attached for ore details on the error message.

I have installed both of the available serivce packs, unfortunatley neither made any difference.

I have also tried edditing the "adskflex_*_tsf".data file as suggested (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Autodesk-component-has-stopped-working/td-p/384...).

I'm working from an ACER Aspire laptop, with an NVIDEA GEFORCE GT 540M graphics card, an intel i7 processor, 8gb RAM and 30GB space free on my HDD.

I'd really apprciate any help fixing this issue as I need 3ds Max for my work.

Many thanks,

Mark

3dsmax2014.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: markholland34

Welcome to the Community. 

This could be the 2014 Activation Crash issue.  You might check that out and see if it fixes your issue. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
pmaloney5

I too have this exact problem and have been going back and forth with tech support via email with no success. Have attemped both 3ds Max 2014 and 3ds Max Design 2014 with the EXACT same problem. All video drivers are up to date. AutoCAD 2014 installed fine.

If anyone has a solution for this, I would REALLY appreciate it! I'm starting to fear incompatible video card.

Thanks!

My system is:

DELL XPS 15 - Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Processor - QuadCore i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz

HDD - 1 TB

Video - NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M (driver version 320.49) --2 GB RAM

RAM - 16 GB

8-22-2013 1-44-45 PM.jpg

Message 4 of 11
pmaloney5
in reply to: pmaloney5

This was a 2014 Activation Crash issue!! The above steps fixed it beautifully. After 4 days of searching and trying, I'm so relieved!

THANK YOU TravisNave!!!
Message 5 of 11
TravisNave

My pleasure!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 11
up662338
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello, I to am having the same issue as you:MaxIssue.png

The link that has been posted I cannot seem to find - it just sends me to another search database. Any help would be much appreciated - many thanks - Matt.

Message 7 of 11
pmaloney5

It appears the link for the fix is broken. These are the steps I used and everything worked fine.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/robot-structural-analysis-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcar...

Hope that helps, Good Luck! 

Message 8 of 11
sonnenkind1

I'm getting the same issue.  I've tried the fix above, with no luck.  My video card is an AMD Radeon R9 280.

Message 9 of 11

Smiley Sad this is what i get when it crashesCrash.PNG

Tags (1)
Message 10 of 11

hey,

i have windows 8

i had installed the autodesk products a while back... and now my 3ds max isnt opening and this is the error i keep getting... i tried to repair it as well but it did not work.... Maya works fine... only 3DS max is giving me this kind of error.... plz help!

Message 11 of 11
mirzamusthafam

it was working when i was using windows 8. now on windows 10 it doesnt work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report