Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2013 Installed Successfully, but won't run!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
norwegiansoul7
1173 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max 2013 Installed Successfully, but won't run!

3ds Max 2013 successfully installed on my computer, even though it is running the basic version of Windows 7, but it refuses to run. During initialization a window pops open for Autodesk Licensing, but it is blank, and the program appears to be frozen. I downloaded the free trial, but installed with an educational license.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

When I clicked on restart, a window poped up with an Auodesk licensing LMU.exe Application error:

The instruction at 0x5cbb6ce8 referenced memory at 0x00000040. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program.

Message 3 of 5

Will 3ds Max run on Windows Home Premium, or do I have to upgrade to Windows 7 professional? I tried installing with the 30 day trial, and the same issue occurs. It freezes during intialization, but this time, there is a blank window with the title "Your Autodesk Trial."

Message 4 of 5

Any ideas at all?! It's a bt of an emergency, as I have to get the program up and running by tomorrow.

Thanks you

Message 5 of 5

Well, I solved the blank window issue for 3ds Max 2013 by uninstallling ie9 and rolling it back to ie8. However, 3ds Max 2013 still refuses to run. It now crashes on startup, just like the 2012 version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report