Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2012 won't activate

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
travis.manguso
296 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max 2012 won't activate

Hey guys, I'm trying to transfer a 3ds Max 2012 license from one desktop to another. I uninstalled it on the last machine and am trying to install it on the new machine, but I keep getting "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)" I'm doing this for a user at my company. The license is not attached to this account I've made in any way (not sure if you guys do that) and really want some help getting this up and running. Let me know what I can provide. Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

OK so you weren't suppose to uninstall the software before you transfer the licence. You need to use the Licence transfer utility to retrieve the licence and then it would work on the new install. 

Because you have already uninstalled the software you would have to contact Autodesk to help you retrieve the licence. You can follow this link to Chat to Autodesk online: www.autodesk.com/licensesupport

Or you can contact Autodesk help line through this link: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report