Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2012 Student version for Indiegame project

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
maik12697
475 Views, 1 Reply

3ds Max 2012 Student version for Indiegame project

Hello Community !

Iam very new here and I have some questions about using Autodesk 3ds Max 12 Student version. Currently Iam 15 years old and I have an Indieproject. I will not sell this game, so the game will be free. And my question is:

Is it illegal to use the Student version of Autodesk 3ds Max 12 for my Indiegame that will be out for free or not ?

Sorry for my englisch, Iam from Germany

Greetings from Germany 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: maik12697

Weclome to the community.

This is a common question asked here.  Yes, it violates the terms of use.  The educational versions can only be used for learning instruction only.  Regardless if the distribution of the final product is free or not, that property is considered commercial. 

Hope that helps.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report