Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
deviumencarte
266 Views, 4 Replies

3DS Max 2012 Failed

Hi, I'm not the brightest person when it comes to figuring this stuff out. So if someone can help me, that would be awesome. I'm trying to install 3DS Max 2012 (i know, but I need it for school because that's the version they use) and it keeps failing on me. I've tried reading through a bunch of forums, but none of them seem to work. I've tried installing via diagnostic mode, I've deleted my C++ files like another forum told me, dropped my .Net Framework back to basic like another told me and regardless I keep coming up with the failure (1603). I should probably note that I am trying to install the student version. Also, I know in other forums people ask for the log file found in the %temp% file, if you need this to help me, please tell me how to find this. If it helps, I am using Windows 7, plenty of ram and plenty of space. The laptop I am installing it on is a school distributed laptop, I am not the administrator, but I do have all permissions (not sure if that would make a difference). Please, if someone could help me that would be awesome because I really need this for school. Thank you to whomever responds to this.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: deviumencarte

Information on how to retrieve the installation log file and how to read it can be found here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/how-to-determine-errors-in-installation-log-fil...

If you need more assistance, post your log file here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
deviumencarte
in reply to: TravisNave

attached is a copy of the log file. I didn't see any different color text in the log like the link said i should have seen, so I'm not sure what the failure is, nor i really understand what I am looking for. The only thing relating to a failure in the log is the part that says the process was aborted, but i don't understand the reason why.
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave

I colored the text in my example to help point out the errors in the real
log.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Also the log is not attached.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report