Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max 2011 VM standalone

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
support
1216 Views, 5 Replies

3ds max 2011 VM standalone

Hello All,

We purchased a boxed standalone product of 3ds max 2011 and dutifully installed it on a parallels VM on Win 7.

This was fine it ran well, everythign played nicely.

The actual hardware failed that was running the VM image but we had a backup of the parallels image, exactly the reason we ran a VM, no probs we'll push the backed up image to good known working hardware .. FAIL.3ds max whinges about license and fails to launch.

In the autodesk online reference for licensing it states >>

5. What if I use more than one computer to do my work? How many activations are permitted per license?

Autodesk understands that you may need to use the software when you are away from your usual work location—for example, while working from home. To accommodate this need, product activation for most Autodesk products lets you install and activate stand-alone software on a second computer owned or controlled by you (the software license owner). Note that the software may only be used by the same person and that only one of the two copies may be used at a time. Consult your Autodesk Software License Agreement for complete details about using the software on a second computer.

How does one go about licensing 3ds max 2011 on two machines ? VM or other ..

This failed when we needed to 'get work' out the door and believing having a good VM and being able to port / push that to any hardware would cover us .. 

We don't have to have a VM instance running of win 7 + 3ds max and i'm sure someone might say its unsupported, but any pointers on how to have the license on two computers vm or not ( not running at the same time) would be great 

TIA 

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: support

You simply install and activate the product on a second computer.  Once your activations are used, the system will lockout further activations.  If you need additional activations due to reinstallations, hardware failures, etc. then you need to call Autodesk Activations at 1-800-551-1490 to get an activation code from them direct.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
support
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for your reply, very good of you to answer, 

We are based in Australia i have tried to find an Asia Pacific number with no success , we purchased in Australia, is the states contact number the only avenue for licensing support ?

Message 4 of 6
hashim.mundol
in reply to: support

Numbers are here

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?linkID=9241177&id=5584421&siteID=123112

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
support
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis, your the winner !

Message 6 of 6
support
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thanks hashim, am now in contact with AsiaPac

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report