Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2011 "Software License Checkout Failed Error 20"

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Shad0wforce
72729 Views, 23 Replies

3ds Max 2011 "Software License Checkout Failed Error 20"

I just upgraded to Windows 7 and I've been trying to re-install Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 (32-bit). Everytime I install the program first of all the icon in the Start menu that is supposed to say "Autodesk 3ds Max 2011" (or something along those lines) says "Change Graphical Settings" instead.

Not only that, but when I try to open the program in any way the loading screen will start going then a few moments into the loading process a window wil pop up saying "Software License Checkout Failed: Error 20", then the program just quits on me.

I've tried uninstalling the program completely and reinstalling it but nothing seems to be working for me.

If anyone can help me get this program working properly I will be eternally grateful because I really need this program in order to do my work.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: Shad0wforce

Uninstall the software and also delete the ProductInformation.pit and CascadeInfo.cas files located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm.  Then reboot and reinstall the software with admin rights or by Run as Administrator.  Hopefully that will clear your license error. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 24
shez1461

Same problem... don't know what else to do?
can u please exactly tell where the location of this file might be?

I've tried searching everywhere on my computer regarding what you said!

previously I uninstalled n reinstalled it worked for me.. but all of a sudden now it says the same error message??

Message 4 of 24
TravisNave

For more detailed information about the CascadeInfo.cas file, please refer to the Autodesk Support Knowledge Base article found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 24
leaveAlone

I had the same problem, only my solution was that is disabled the service "FLEXnet Licensing Service".

If you don't know where to find it you did turn if off.

Message 6 of 24
hafso
in reply to: leaveAlone

oufffffffffffffffff thnks i have the same prb and i had delete flex net end it's all right think u you save my liveeeeeeee 😉

Message 7 of 24
rana1610

Hi,

I don't understand, why is it showing the following error message, " The software license check out failed; error 20" (attached image). I tried different ways, by deleting autodesk files, FLEXnet files, uninstall-install 5 times. But not way it does work. It shows repeatedly. Would you please give me any solutions to this problem?

Regards

Aasif Ridwan

Message 8 of 24
leoneldp
in reply to: rana1610

Check out the services running in Windows by entering the task manager and start the FLEXnet Licensing Service (64 in case you have 3ds max x64) and it will solve the problem.

I had the same issue and by starting that service 3ds max works again!

Message 9 of 24

Since you are using windows for a long time, why did you upgrade? why don't use a fresh windows copy? upgrades are like system restore. can occure problem any time. fine similler problem here http://www.techyv.com/questions/installation-3ds-max-2012-and-bat4max

Message 10 of 24
K4RL02

Gracias por la ayuda, busque sobre el tema relacionado y encontre que no es solo problema de AUTODESK el problema tambien se puede presentar en ADOBE y es precisamente porque FLEXnet Lincensing Service esta desactivado. Lo que tienen que hacer es: 

1. Inicio -> Ejecutar, escribir services.msc y pulsar Enter.
                                                      2. Navegar hasta FLEXnet Licensing Service y habilitar el proceso.
                                                      3. Reniciar (a mi me funciono sin reiniciar).

Message 11 of 24
aztech2100

I've tried messing around with the FLEXnet garbage and I can't seem to rid of this "error 20" that keeps popping up. I've tried with FLEXnet enabled, and I've tried with it disabled, either way I still get the error. *Also I no longer have my product code to reinstall max since I'm stupid, so is there a way I can fix this without having to purchase a 2nd copy?*

-.-

Message 12 of 24
TravisNave
in reply to: aztech2100

Make sure you give Everyone full rights to the following folders/files:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 24
Peterga

Gracia Carlos

Message 14 of 24
hike1
in reply to: K4RL02

I got this error after I tried to install the Adobe CS4 demo, it puts a file in that flex directory which must confuse

3ds max. Never got the demo running either.

Message 15 of 24

Help me, after all install be ok, when i got to run the program, i receive this message Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 24

PS: ERRO 05!!!!!!

Message 17 of 24

Message 18 of 24
sudhakar

Hi,

Thanks for the solution.

It worked for me in 3ds Max 2012. The Flexnet license services were stopped permanently. I just restarted & assigned to Start automatically.

Thus its working fine now !

Thanks !!

Message 19 of 24
_AKS_

Delete "C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data" it will solve the problem

Message 20 of 24
t_healy
in reply to: _AKS_

I did the same as _AKS_ just said, simply deleting both C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data and C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup.001 and reloading 3ds Max, then when it loads it recreates the files and the server, this was for 3DS Max 2012 though

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report