Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max 2011 Installation Error !!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
naughtyaashiq
5614 Views, 7 Replies

3Ds Max 2011 Installation Error !!

Hi,

I've been trying to install 3Ds max 2011 since 2 days and its keep rolling back or popping error during installation of the second last step with " Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personal or package vendor." It rolls back and when i uninstall it just  the " autodesk backburner" from the programs & features it  pops the same error during uninstallation.Even i've downloaded the fresh installer, it just doesnt install :S :@. I am so pissed at the moment and been searching all over the internet and couldn't find any solution. Earlier, it got installed but i removed. I would really appreciate your help.

Windows 7 32bit ; Quad - core  ; 1tb HDD ; Gigabyte Gts 250 ; 2gb ddr III ;

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Try a clean installation in Diagnostics mode as Windows Admin; UAC turned off

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8

Hi, I have the same error. I am trying the student version of 2012 and the problem of error 2012 is very difficult. I dont can find the solution in Windows 7 64x with max 2012 64x. I was found around the web, google, etc...

Error 1721: windows instaler....

all the best, 

Jesus Capella

Message 4 of 8

Have you tried to install in diagnostics mode

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
badai04
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Hi, i'm new in this 3ds max. and I just had the same problem which is error 1721. I've try instal in  both normal and diagnostic, clean the registry with Advance System Care Pro, Installing each element 1 by 1 but all is end up hit the wall. The program still won't instal as it should be. The last think in my mind is to clean instal the windows 7 and try instal the 3ds max but hey I'm need it to study not for pro job so I prefer to stay with my win 7. Prolly gonna try in clean HDD other time unless someone have found the solution for this and post it. I really wish someone would help. because I've try googling and else and still got no clue.

Message 6 of 8
badai04
in reply to: badai04

heya I updated my post before. I just got through my problem . It seems the 3Ds Max 2011 64 bit installer is the cause of the problem. I jsut done installing the 3ds max 2011 but only the 32bit. I uncheck the 64 bit 3Ds Max 2011 and other 64 bit component during the configuring installation. well since I just use for study, I don't think gonna had a trouble. But I do hope when I'm entering the professional in 3D and going to buy the real one I expecting it will work in 64bit so that I can use the maximum capability of hardware resource. So please for autodesk development team to pay attention to this and fixing it. thx.

btw I don't know how to uncheck the 64 bit 3ds max in 3ds max 2012. Since I expecting able use that one 😄

Message 7 of 8
syzo_and1
in reply to: hashim.mundol

i downloaded part 1 & 2, now when i satrted installing part 1 it stoppped at some point that a certain file was not found, so i tried to unzip part 2 and it wont unzip, it says:

Irrecoverable Error:  CRC error detected

can u please help me?

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: syzo_and1

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report