Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
648 Views, 5 Replies

3d max trial error

I am running a network license server for all my autodesk products. My issue is 3d max somehow did not take in the server setting when i was creating a deployment and went to trial version, now the trial is up and when i reinstall 3d max nothing happens. I have to completely uninstall. Is there a reg setting or .ini file to edit that i can point 3d max to the server?  I really dont want to uninstall and reinstall on 30 machines. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

is it 2011? if it is try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15198713&linkID=9241177

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

yes it is 2011, thanks for the tip

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

i just tried the link that and when i add the -yc, it asks for the license name or file and tried both but the window keeps popping up asking for the license file. will not let me open 3dmax.

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

Ensure that Network License Manager is setup and configured with valid network license file for 3ds Max 2011 or 3ds Max Design 2011.

is that setup correctly?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

yes it is, i have another lab with the autodesk suite and 3dmax works great.  only confusion is i imaged both labs with the same image and one shows the trial and the other doesnt. The lab with the faulty 3dmax, all the other products work perfect to the license server.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report