Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d Max 2011 License Transfer Utility will not open

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
lv426
3566 Views, 6 Replies

3d Max 2011 License Transfer Utility will not open

I've seen a few other posts (one specific) about this problem, but the posted solution from Autodesk Support is not working for me.

"11-24-2010 01:34 AM in reply to: dooodlebugg

If the license was exported from the same computer and if you dont have any other Autodesk 2010/2011 products.

please try to delete the license files, then try the LTU.

XP->C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

win7/vista->C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

if this doesnt work, uninstall the product,delete the following following folder; then try reinstall

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
"

In 3ds max Design 2011 when I double click the LTU icon I do not get the export dialog, in fact nothing happens. I've tried using the .exe directly. Same result. I have used the LTU/PLU for many years in all previous releases (including 2010) without incident so I'm familiar with the process. On the computer I'm waiting to import the license to, the 2011 LTU opens as expected, but of course I have no license to import. Could this be an issue from the last Service Pack update?

I'm moving my authorization to a new workstation and I guess the last crash and re-authorize reached my limit on authorization requests. The LTU option would be fine, exactly what I need, but can't get it to even start.

Deleteing the content of the "FLEXNET" folder has had no effect, though this seemed to work for the last person with this issue. I'm not willing to uninstall and re-install at this point with several large projects in progress (I've done this a few times over the years and re-authorization always seems iffy). I don't want to risk losing my authorization on the current workstation at this time.

It seems a few others had this problem recently and I'm interested in any solutions others have come across.

Thanks!!

Win XP 32-bit, 4 GB RAM, nvidia GTX480, 3ds Max Design 2011 SP1

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: lv426

deleting the *.data would have forced another online activation.

if you can post log file, we might know the casuse of this.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\*adlm.log 

LTU has to be opened from the shortcut created as it is linked to the product key, so opening the exe will not work properly.

even if u cant activate online you can always do a manual activation

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
lv426
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you Hashim for the quick response.

The computer with the LTU issue from which I'm attempting to export is win XP 32-bit. This is likely why I cannot locate the "Program Data" directory. The ADLM folder is located at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM"  as you well know but contains no .log file. I have there "R1" and "en-US" sub-directories as well as "CascadeInfo.cas" and "ProductInformation.pit" files. The ADLM log file at C:\Program Data" is on the new workstation (Win 7 Pro) which is awaiting a license file to import and has no issues opening the LTU. But of course that's not the problem.

On the computer attemtping to open the LTU and export the license,  there is a log file in the "C:\AllUsers\Application Data\FLEXnet\" folder and I have attached that.

I look forward to hearing from. Please let me know how else can assist you with a resolution.

David

Message 4 of 7
hashim.mundol

if there are no logs, the installation might be corrupt.

Please try uninstall and reinstall, it will not force re-activation of the license, as long as you use the same product key and serial number.

re-activation is required, only if you change the license files, as mentioned earlier in the post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
lv426
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you Hashim. You were of course correct and a re-install did not force a re-authorization. It also fixed the LTU. It is now functioning and I have been able to transfer my license to the new workstation as planned.

I know the uninstall/re-install option was mentioned in your first response to this issue last year. I was hoping to avoid it and try only as a last resort. I appreciate your patience.

David

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I have been having the same problem, only I have tried everything suggest multipule times, and restarting the computer. any other ideas?

Running on windows vista

When I try to start Maya, insted of getting a promt to import a license I get error -12 

-Faith

Message 7 of 7
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

DId the export work fine ?

do you have any other product installed on the same machine

if you can't import, you can always do a manual re-activation on a second computer

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report