Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024.2 Update - Formit Converter Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jcortelyou
173 Views, 7 Replies

2024.2 Update - Formit Converter Error

Only Autodesk issues updates to software that fail.  Unbelievable.  I don't use Formit, no idea what it is.  Hopefully I'll have to update the software to install the update.  That sounds fantastic.  

Does anyone know how to fix this?  Please see screenshots. 

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
handjonathan
in reply to: jcortelyou

Hi @jcortelyou 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   Please see below for possible causes and solutions. 

Causes

• Corrupted Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service.
  • The newest version of Generative Design for Revit is installed.
  • Corrupted installation file.
  • Corrupted ProductInformation.pit file.

Solution:

To solve this issue, review the solutions below:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service:

1. How to uninstall Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service.
  2. How to download and install Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service.

Existing Generative Design for Revit

1. Uninstall Generative Design for Revit from Control Panel or by using Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter.
  2. Try the installation again.

Move your install media to a different folder

1. Make sure the Revit install media is not stored on a cloud-synced directory, for example, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. and move it to a different directory, for example C:\Autodesk.
  2. Try again to install Revit.

Rename the ProductInformation.pit file

Important Notes: Only follow the below steps when:
  • The following is found for the Revit installation in the Summary.log located in %localappdata%\Autodesk\ODIS.
  • No other Autodesk software is already installed on the machine.
Error Context: 
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [I] [07:29:02:686]: [NIWSELECTION]:    
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [I] [07:29:02:687]: [ADLM_EULA_COUNTRY]: US   
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [I] [07:29:02:687]: [ACADLICENSESERVERTYPE]:    
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [I] [07:29:02:687]: [CONSUMER]:    
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [I] [07:29:02:688]: Running "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\12.0.0.6529\helper\AdskLicensingInstHelper.exe" register --upgrade -pk 829O1 -pv 2023.0.0.F -cf "C:\Autodesk\Revit_2023_r1_G1_Win_64bit_dlm\x64\RVT\RevitConfig.pit" -el US -sn 000-00000000 -sk 829O1   
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [E] [07:29:02:941]: exit code: 225, output: Error (25) for adlmPITSetProductInformation_2: Error has occurred while parsing PIT file. Action ended Return value 3   
1: LicensingCustomAction.licRegister [E] [07:29:02:941]: Registering a product with key 829O1 and version 2023.0.0.F failed   CustomAction licRegister.8B858D99_2C63_4281_AE43_6782314CCC1B returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)  
MSI (s) (D0:EC) [07:29:02:957]: Note: 1: 2265 2:  3: -2147287035   
MSI (s) (D0:EC) [07:29:02:958]: User policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0  
MSI (s) (D0:EC) [07:29:02:958]: Machine policy value 'DisableRollback' is 0  Action ended 7:29:02: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.  
  1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm.
  2. Rename the ProductInformation.pit file to ProductInformationOLD.pit.
  3. Reinstall Revit.

Clean Uninstall

1. Perform a Revit clean uninstall.
  2. Download Revit installer using Download.
  3. Try again to install Revit.

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 8
Simon_Weel

See this article - message #13.

Message 4 of 8
jcortelyou
in reply to: handjonathan

Thanks.

Message 5 of 8
jcortelyou

There are still major issues going on here - None of the first 4 solutions worked.  Microsoft tool did see 2 Generative Design applications and removed them both when trying to remove one of them.  There are a bunch of autodesk products installed so renaming the pit file was not an option.  All paths are local and are not cloud based. 

The new install package downloaded and installed but Yet Again gave an error for Formit only this time it was at 76% AND 96%.  At the 96% Marker the progress bar switches from "Installing Revit" to "Updating Revit".  I did a windows explorer search for "FormIt360Converter.msi" and it provided the results in attachment 2.  When browsing to the path from windows search via "Open File Location" via windows right click the files is present however it does not appear when browsing from the missing file prompt.   The installer says that Revit is ready to use and when it ends another error message occurs referencing Revit Schemas.

I am going to uninstall and reg repair again with another software and manually gut all Revit 2024 References. I will note that this is absolutely ridiculous - unbelievable.

Message 6 of 8
jcortelyou

The solution was to Uninstall Revit, Uninstall Form-It, Windows Search for "Revit 2024" References - Delete them all.  Reg Repair using CCleaner, Use the Microsoft Uninstall Tool - Formit Converter was listed even after main formit uninstall, uninstall that using MS tool.  Reinstall new Revit 2024 Download package.  Installs Error Free. "A Three Hour Tour" - Literally. 

Message 7 of 8
pendean

@jcortelyou wrote:

The solution was to Uninstall Revit, Uninstall Form-It, Windows Search for "Revit 2024" References - Delete them all.  Reg Repair using CCleaner, Use the Microsoft Uninstall Tool - Formit Converter was listed even after main formit uninstall, uninstall that using MS tool.  Reinstall new Revit 2024 Download package.  Installs Error Free. "A Three Hour Tour" - Literally. 

Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Message 8 of 8
Simon_Weel

Too bad you didn't try my solution - that would possibly have saved you a lot of work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report