Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
424 Views, 9 Replies

2016 Fab CADmep

I have been installing updates to my Autodesk products and have encountered a problem. I believe I may have installed my service packs for FabCADmep out of order and installed SP5 first. Ever since I have installed this, I cannot get FabCADmep to open with the desktop icon nor through the start menu. I can still get in to it via regular AutoCAD, but I would like for this to work the way it is supposed to.

Any ideas/help?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the community...

Service Pack 5?   I only see Service Pack 2 (or am I missing something?)..

When it launches, what happens?  Does it hang on the splash screen?  If it does, what does it say in the lower left hand corner of the splash screen?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hey Mark....... Thanks for the reply. You'll have to bear with me........ I'm a novice at all of this stuff.

When I start it from the icon or the all apps portion of the start menu, it will load up to the point of asking for the database. Once I select a database it immediately closes.

I had had no problem until I started installing the updates, which has me a little puzzled. I did have it work one time after a system restart, but that hasn't happened again.

Troy

Message 4 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous

Welcome to the community. Sorry for the inconvenience.  I would uninstall the current Service Packs you have downloaded and installed, then download and install them back in order. 

The following service packs are available for Fabrication CADmep 2016, it appears there is no SP5. 

Please keep us posted on your progress. Thank you. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Ok...... I finally managed a screenshot of what I was using .. what is this?

snip.PNG

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

And I'm not seeing a SP1, and my software doesn't show havingSP-1 attached to it.......

Snip 2.PNG

Message 7 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Ok..  These are not actual service packs..  They are enhancements that people can apply if they have an active subscription.  That's why I was confused and asking when I only saw service pack 2.  I'm not a user/expert on this application but if you applied enhancement #5 you get all the enhancements 1-4.  So you didn't apply anything out of order.

In addition you may have to migrate your database but only guessing at this point.  So I would recommend that you actually post over in the application's related forum and see if the actual users of the product can assist you.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Ok........ I will try over there.

My version of FabCADmep is old enough that it is a perpetual license and not a subscription........... maybe I should go back to plumbing.........lol

Message 9 of 10
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous,

Sorry for the confusion, SP5 is available via your Autodesk account or the Desktop App. You can try to remove the update or try to uninstall the product and re-install it and apply the SP5 to Fab CADmep 2016. 

Remove the Update 

1. Navigate from Windows Start to the Windows control panel provided to uninstall or change a program.
  2. Select the Autodesk program you want to change.
  3. When the Installer opens in maintenance mode, click Add or Remove Features and follow instructions.

OR 

Reinstall 

1. Clean Uninstall of the program
  2.  Make sure you have an updated graphics card driver go to Control Panel\Device Manager\Display Adapters 
  3. Operating System latest update 
  4. If the above does not resolve the issue try to uninstall the product and downloaded via Autodesk Virtual Agent and install the product again

Please keep us posted. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Natasha:

I'm in the middle of doing this very thing.

I'm hoping to have this completed sometime today, I'll post results.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report