Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Network Deployment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Rainman1
381 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Network Deployment

We are trying to create network deployments on our server for our 2014 products. We keep getting the attached errors. Our Windows Installer has been updated. We have always created the deployments on our server and never had an issue. Our support is now telling us to create the deployment on a Windows 7 machine and then place the deployment on the same Windows server UNC shared path. It will run on the client and live on the server just as you want it to. If we cannot get it running then they will assist us but for a fee (a large fee)! Has anyone else run into this issue? If it has to be deployed as they suggest, is there a quick and easy "How To" article anywhere?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Rainman1

Your support is exactly right.  Create the deployment from the Windows 7 machine.  Then just use the UNC path (you have to anyway even on the server) to the share on the server and it will create it there as you expected.  This is the way I have done it going back to at least 2004.  Creating the deployment on the server itself has always provided the possibility for unexpected errors. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
Rainman1
in reply to: TravisNave

We will give it a try. Are there any special tricks or problems we should be aware of since this will be our first attempt at creating deployments this way? Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: Rainman1

Nope.  That's the correct way to do it, so you should be good to go. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
Rainman1
in reply to: TravisNave

Great, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report