Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 network deployment missing ability to remove 'Password' option

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dtiemeyer
353 Views, 2 Replies

2014 network deployment missing ability to remove 'Password' option

In previous releases, in the network deployment, I could disable the 'Password Protection' feature for DWG files (that appears in Options dialog box). I cannot find where to disable that now. I do not want my users to be able to password protect a drawing. I also do not want to individually modify the 100 PCs that will be receiving AutoCAD.

This is AutoCAD MEP 2014 as part of the BDS Premium Suite.

Thanks,

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brad_hurley
in reply to: dtiemeyer

Hello,

You can build a deployment. From the Create Deployment>Configure deployment screen, expand the twisty to configure. Select the option 'custom'.  Remove the check from 'Drawing Encryption'. For more details please refer to the link:

Disable password protection

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Disable...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: brad_hurley

I was interested in the post and you (Brad) beat me to it!!!  I have included some screen captures of the install and deployement process of disabling this feature via the Control Panel.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report