Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[2014] Individual or Suite Deployments and Network License Cascading

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
opesch_
942 Views, 2 Replies

[2014] Individual or Suite Deployments and Network License Cascading

Hello,

They are plently of repeating information about Cascading sequence and the borrowing behavior in the FlexLM License Pool.

But there is only one thing which is totally unobvious and unanswered for now :

DOES THE PRODUCT SN USED FOR PRODUCT DEPLOYMENT INSTALLATION RULES WHICH LICENSE WILL BE BY DEFAULT PULLED OUT FROM THE POOL AT LAUNCH ??

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17437121&linkID=9242018

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/autodesk-revit-one-box-licensing-and-installation...

If what's stated in the post here above is still up to date… In short, that means that, if I start the deployment from our BDSP or IDSP package, The installed ACAD will always start using & holding one of our 2 BDSP licenses BEFORE looking for one of our 50 available vanilla ACAD Licenses  !!

As we have around 80 ACAD/RAC/RST/C3D licenses but only 2 BDSP + 1 IDSP licenses, that means that I have to make the single deployments of ALL the child products included in my suite separatedly… (without the suite installation files and its SN) before installing the suite deployment above them to fill the gaps with the child products which are anymore downloadable on their own on subscription page like Civil 3D and Revit Structure or ASD or Rester Design ???

When will our 2 CIVIL 3D licensed seats &  7 Revit Structure Suite licensed seats be used then ?

I hope you’ve got some better info on these and that those posts are not applicable any more !!

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dazzman
in reply to: opesch_

From personal experience we have a dedicated AutoCAD and BDSP nlm license pool.
When the AutoCAD 2012 was deployed using its own serial number it would run out of licenses when the AutoCAD pool was empty.

When AutoCAD 2012 was installed using the BDSP serial number it would first use up the AutoCAD pool and then cascade into the BDSP pool.

For us it works as described it uses the cheapest licenses first, in this case AutoCAD, before looking at a BDSP license.

I hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3
opesch_
in reply to: Dazzman

Other answer finaly received from Derek Wielkopolski at Ideate, Inc. which goes the same way 

[quote= http://ideatesolutions.blogspot.be/2013/04/autodesk-2014-network-license-behavior.html]

Thanks for reading my post.

To answer your question- no, the serial number entered during the initial install will not rule which license is pulled in a mixed product license file.

For example based on the seats you own; Civil 3D (whether installed as a point product or installed from the Infrastructure Design Suite) will always pull a Civil 3D license first until those are all taken.  Then it will cascade up to the IDSP license.

The same goes for AutoCAD as part of the Building Design Suite.

Keep in mind this is NOT how Revit works, because Revit as part of the Building Design Suite is considered a separate product and is different than Revit Architecture.

I hope this answers your question and clarifies license cascading.

Regards,
Derek Wielkopolski
Ideate Support Team
www.ideateinc.com

[/quote]

So it seems that all previous cascading problems were "teething troubles" and are now gone !! Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report